38. You're a Dumbass

Maybe it the fact that ALicent had four children, little Daeron just a year under Aemond and maybe it was the fact that Rhaenyra had gotten pregnant again to easily that drove Aislynn crazy, maybe it was that she didnt have a child of her own... maybe it was Harwin. 

"No. Damn, time has flown by. It's been over 2 years, almost three," Tommy tipped his head, while he studied Harwin. "You've been trying to get my sister pregnant I presume?" 

"Yeah." Harwin counted back, surprised at how far he needed to go.

"Since the wedding?"

 "About that long."  Harwin agreed slowly. 

"Oh," Arthur said slowly, his gaze turning concerned as he looked between his brothers.

 "What?" 

"How is Amoret handling it?" Tommy questioned knowingly, AIslynn was handling it awfully.  Harwin paused, confused by the question. 

"Handling what?" 

"Not getting pregnant," Tommy clarified like Harwin was an idiot. 

"Umm...fine? I mean, when we..." Harwin shrugged he didnt want to be having this conversation with them.  "we said when it happens, then it happens. She hasn't mentioned anything about it since." 

"Seven fucking hells." John muttered. Watching Tommy's face morph from one emotion to the next left Harwin feeling like he was missing the other half of the conversation, and it was starting to get on his nerves. 

"What? We've both been busy, and honestly, I hadn't even realized how long it'd been." Harwin offered

"You're a dumbass." Arthur declared. 

"So you've said before. Want to clue me in as to why I am this time?" Harwin pondered

"Not really," Arthur said, leaning back and crossing his arms over his chest. "But obviously, you need a little help, so I'll hide in the wardrobe feed you the right things to say next time you talk to your wife about how she feels about not being able to get pregnant while the princess has birthed a bastard, pregnant again and her sister, her little sister has four children now."

Harwin's mind soaked his words in like a sponge, but it only added to the confusion. He tried to recall moments over the past year and if she said anything or asked anything that would have hinted to any concerns about having a baby, he knew she yelled give me a baby whenever they lay together but he couldn't remember anything more... Had he been oblivious? Had he missed something crucial while fucking the princess? There in lay his answer. Yes.

 He needed to say something, anything to try and lighten the pressure building in his chest as Aislynn's brothers stared him down as though he were the devil himself. 

"Either way, I'd bet money that not getting pregnant after trying this long...  has something to do with Aislynn's mood lately. I mean, our Amoret is determined as fuck to get her way with everything else." Tommy remarked and Harwin smiled, closing his eyes and remembering her determination, she was special, why was he tossing her aside?

 "Yeah." Harwin rasped. 

 "Now imagine all that stubbornness not getting her way for the first time ever. Imagine it building up. For moons and years. Then having a dumbass husband who doesn't even think about it." Tommy hissed.  "Also, he's gone a lot, so she's dealing with it alone." He added glaring back at Harwin. 

 The pieces lined up and fell into place, filling the gaps between Aislynn's explanations. Tommy was right. How the fuck had Harwin missed it? 

"Fuck," Harwin breathed. 

"There it is. I knew the brain would eventually start working again." Arthur mused. 

 "And maybe I'm wrong. Or there may be more to it. But I am right about one thing." Tommy leaned forward, not letting Harwin look away. "You fuck the princess one more time, that baby in her belly, if it comes out with black hair and you dote upon it like you did with Jace, Aislynn will remove your cock and balls, shove it up your throat and then we will tear you apart slowly, painfully in all the ways you fear the most." Tommy declared. Harwin swallowed, letting her words sink in. He was right again. 

"She loves you. She hates you a lot too though." John added. Aislynn loved Harwin. Harwin saw it in her eyes. He saw the way they filled with tears when he lied to her face. 

"So, what now? What do I do?" Harwin questioned. 

 "Ha. I can't tell you what to do," Arthur laughed out. "Just think about Aislynn. Think about what she likes—what she needs to feel good. To relax." 

"Gross thats Amoret, dont..." John faked a gag. 

"Maybe I could..." harwin began but he didnt know. 

 "You could..." Tommy prompted. 

"Dammit," Harwin groaned, wiping a hand over my face. 

"You'll figure something out. Just use your imagination and make it happen." Arthur demanded. 

"You dont want to see her mad." TOmmy added as he got up. "Because I hate it when Amoret's heart breaks."

"Makes me punchy." Arthur agreed.