105. Smells Like Death

Comincia dall'inizio

''Sit down!' Criston demanded and Beesubury screamed out before his head was slammed into the stone. His blood oozing on the table as he slumped lifeless before them.

"Ohh!" Aislynn fanned a hand in front of her face. "That was..." sexy, damn sexy she thought as her face heated. Criston glanced back at her. 

'' Ser Criston.'' Alicent warned.

''Throw down your sword and remove your cloak, Ser Criston.'' The commander, Ser harrold demanded pointing his blade at Criston's armored chest. Criston pulled his blade free but didn't put it down. He held it out pointing his own blade at the commander. ''I am your Lord Commander, Ser Criston. Cast down your sword.'' Aislynn didnt like that one bit.

''I will not suffer insults to Her Grace the Queen.'' Criston warned.

''There was no insult to me, Ser Criston.'' Alicent said weakly as she sat back down. ''Put aside your blade.' She requested ''Has it come to this? Lord Commander, enough.''

"Point your blade at my husband a moment longer and I will kill you myself." Aislynn warned Harrold. He hesitated but the challenge in Aislynns gaze told him she was dead serious. He lowered his blade. "Good dog." She growled. 

'' Let us have Lord Beesbury removed.'' The grand maester Orwyle requested

''No.' Otto corrected immediately as the grand maester sat back down. ''The door remains shut until we finish our business. Storm's End is of concern.''

''We may not assume the loyalty of Lord Borros.''

''But he has four daughters, all of them unmarried. The right proposal...''

"Daeron is not going to like that, he's a picky butt like me." Aislynn corrected. 

''What of Rhaenyra?''

''The former heir cannot, of course, be allowed to remain free and draw support to her claim.'' They all nodded in agreement, Rhaenyra had to go.

"Yes." Aislynn agreed nodding along. Bye bitch, once and for all.

''You mean to imprison her.'' Alicent corrected confused.

''She and her family will be given the opportunity to publicly swear obeisance to the new King." Otto told her gently.

"Ha!" Aislynn countered. "Yeah right. She is not going to bend." Alicent looked back at her. "Execution, sorry Ali. She needs to go." Aislynn remarked and Alicent sighed. 

''She will never bend the knee. Nor will Daemon, which you know." Alicent whispered.

"I think I can get Daemon to bend." Aislynn corrected. 

''You plan to kill them.... And all here accede to this.'' She asked incredulously.

''Your father is correct, Your Grace." The grand maester informed her ''A living challenger invites battle and bloodshed."

"It is unsavory, yes. But a sacrifice we must make to secure Aegon's succession.'' Otto agreed.

"Not unsavory, I will get my hands dirty. I will make an acceptation for her head." Aislynn declared. 

  ''And then there is Daemon to consider.'' Otto told her calmly. 'The King wouldn't wish for any unsavory...''

''But the King did not wish for the murder of his daughter!" Alicent reminded them. ''He loved her. I will not have you deny this.''

'' And yet...'' Tyland began. ''What do you suggest, Your Grace?' Tyland offered.

''Time is of the essence.'' Otto remarked and Alicent stayed silent. ''Lord Commander Westerling... take your knights to Dragonstone. Be quick and be clean.' Otto told him but he pulled his white cloaks off laying it before them.

''I am Lord Commander of the Kingsguard. I recognize no authority but the King's. And until there is one... I have no place here.'' Harrold told them.

"So you will run from the crown, and to the traitor." Aislynn declared pulling the blade from Otto's side. 

"The kings chosen heir-"

"He chose Aegon." Aislynn corrected. "He saw past Rhaenyras bullshit a bit late, he was a lower learner but he learned." Aislynn took confident steps towards him. "So what will it be? Us or them?" 

"I swore to Princess Rhaenyra." Harrold declared. 

"Wrong choice." Aislynn countered and with a quick slash he was bleeding out. Grasping at his neck and stumbling to the ground. "Great." Aislynn declared. "Now open a window it seems like death in here." 

"I wonder why."