Miniboss 2

I land on the soft lush grass after falling from out of the tree and I look around, assessing for any threats, only to see that we are in the middle of a very dark forest.

After seeing none I fell to the ground after Grover came out of the tree and landed on top of me. After he got off of me, Annabeth fell on me. And after she got off, a boar landed on me, almost killing me.

"Ow." I say dryly.

"Sorry perce, let me help you up." offered grover.

"Don't bother, I've already been flattened into a pancake, so unless you have a very big spatula, good luck." I replied.

I got up anyway and dusted myself off. "So did you guys see the bio when coming in? And follow up question, can you guys see anything?" I ask.

Clarisse and Grover shook their heads no, while annabeth responded with a "yes. I can kind of see in the dark, but it's a bit hard."

"I can kind of see in the forest, maybe better than Annabeth, no offense." said grover.

"Well according to the dungeons description, we have to protect a bear and her kids from a pack of monsters that are hunting them. I guess we're supposed to kill the monsters and free the bears." I explained.

"The bear in question is callisto, she's an immortal bear, and her kids will look like human-bear hybrids, so be careful around anything that matches that description." Annabeth elaborated.

"Also," Annabeth then turned to me. "You still haven't told me your powers exactly?" said annabeth questioningly.

"Well I could control water and create/control fire, I know some spells that can make things stop, I could do more things, but I doubt they'd be useful. I also have two pairs of magical flying shoes."

"Well you shouldn't use water unless you drown all the plants, damaging the environment, and you definitely shouldn't use fire. If we damage the ecosystem we risk harming the bears, and that might cause backlash in one way or another. Just stick to your paralyzing spells for now and give someone your second pair of shoes. Right now we're going into enemy territory without knowing the enemy, so we should focus on information gathering, then come up with an attack strategy."

I gave the second pair of shoes to grover,

"Or we could just, you know, actually attack them." said clarisse. "They don't know we're here, we can just attack know while they're unaware."

"We should know what we're facing before we attack, what if we're going to fight some sort of drakon, or a giant." countered annabeth.

Clarisse was about to say something, but the words died in her throat.

"Fine, we find out what the enemy is, that we beat the living shit out of it." "you dumb blonde."

"WHAT DID YOU JUST CALL ME!" "PIG HEAD!" Annabeth snapped.

"That wasn't me!" "you idiot." clarisse... defended?

"I JUST HEARD YOU SAY IT! WHO ELSE, could it, be." said annabeth, trailing off at the end.

"Percy, make some light." Annabeth said.

And I thought that I'd never use this spell. I raised my hand and used revealing light, intentionally.

The light made the darkness of the forest run away from me.

"RUUUAAAAGHGHGAAA" cried out a monstrous voice that came from just behind Grover.

I look to see the monster, towering over grover, being ten times his size, the beast had a large, muscular, pale body, that was covered in grime and dirt.