level 12

I found myself in front of a mausoleum, in the middle of a graveyard at night.

When i entered the graveyard it was the middle of the day, but when i stepped through the threshold i entered a 'dungeon area' whatever that is. But based on my surroundings I think it's a part of the dungeon, just outside of the actual danger.

And when I enter the entire area changes. From outside the grave yard looked like any other graveyard. Hundreds of different tombstones lined up perfectly with a few special details sticking out here and there like special tombstones, mausoleums and a few lush trees dotted around.

But when I entered it all changed.

The organized and neatly kept tombstones where nothing but ruined rubble scattered everywhere, and the bodies they marked weren't all properly buried, an arm poking out there, a torso here, and I was too disgusted to even check what I stepped on.

The lush green grass that blanketed the graveyard was now cold and curled up, like dead insects. And the few colorful oaks that were dotted around turned into twisted black wood that didn't have a trace of life on them, with exception to the large fearsome crow that exuded an aura of death perched in the distance.

I honestly avoided cemeteries on principle, probably because Hades and Poseidon aren't the best of brothers in the myths and from what I know, Hades can hold a grudge. So going into a place of death is essentially like going into enemy territory.

I'm getting off track. my point, I'm not one for cemeteries, they usually look like a peaceful place to relax, bar the hundreds of bodies buried beneath your feet. And I don't like those, so one that looked like a child's nightmare is just... I don't even know the words to describe it.

The only things keeping me rooted was gamer's mind, the little annoying voice in the back of my head yelling about how this is all an illusion made by the fates, and sheer determination.

I looked up at the mausoleum that towered over me, it seemed to be made of black marble, polished to a shine. And there were various images engraved in the stone.

Images of bones, skeletons, and general deathy images. At least it breaks up the color scheme by being an ivory white.

The most prominent thing that stood out was the circular chunk of black marble sitting just above the door frame. The marble was emblazoned with the symbol of Hades staff, the symbol itself looked as if it was made of the purest gold, yet still promised the inevitability that awaits everyone.

The doorframe had no door, it was just an infinite abyss of black that was locked off from me by two sets of smoky chains, connected by a lock that had a skull on it, the same skull on the key that I was about to put in it.

Would you like to enter 'the tomb of the damned'?

Bio : in the lands of ancient Greece, there was a cult of 9 men, 8 of which were mortal and the ninth was a child of the god Dionysus, the child was insane and drove his followers to insanity as well. The child hated the idea of death and tried to appeal to Hades by offering the souls of 1000 humans in exchange for eternal life for him and his followers. This instead disgusted Hades resulting in them being cursed, they will never die unless killed by a child or champion of a chthonic god, until that day, they will age without end.

Note : all rewards gained in this dungeon will only be accessible after the dungeon is cleared.

yes/no

The fates are chthonic deities right? Or at least atropos is. I clicked yes and twisted the key, the smoky chains disappeared, and I went in. or rather, it sucked me in.