level 21

I was still angry, the tombs only provided some temporary relief but eventually the anger came back, only restrained by gamers mind.

Fortunately I'd have the opportunity to vent.

it 's friday night, and at camp half-blood that means capture the flag.

Basically there are two cabins selected each week and they do a capture the flag game... in the creepy dark woods that are filled with monsters... and they also use magic and weapons to fight each other.

And the rest of the cabins also join whatever side they want.

The cabins fighting are the Athenians and children of ares, and Hermes cabin has joined the Athenians.

And of course the leader of the athena cabin being Annabeth, someone who definitely hates me, I was stationed in a very special spot, absolutely top priority.

A creek that could not be farther from the battle.

I was there, in the middle of the woods, guarding a stream wearing heavy metal armor, and brandishing an oversized shield.

Lucky me.

At least I'm not completely alone, I have nagini, but he doesn't have much in the way of a personality, or interesting experiences in his life that I wasn't present for.

And another thing, I haven't been able to get to the grove of Dodona yet. Apparently sneaking away from a cabin filled with the children of the god of thieves is an impossible task.

Every time I try to leave there's at least one person who wakes up and stops me, warning me about the harpies that eat anyone who isn't in their cabins after curfew. But now I could 'accidently get lost' in the woods and not be able to make it out until tomorrow.

But for now I'll just wait by the creek.

Then I felt something.

A disturbance, from upstream and coming in my direction.

I looked to where I sensed the disturbance and saw a group of hideous snarling monsters charge towards me.

Their frames were large and bulky, the less said about their odor the better, I recognise these monsters, they were... the Ares cabin. (cue high-pitched screaming sound effect)

It wasn't the entire Ares cabin, there were only five of them including clarisse. But that was still enough to kill me.

Before they could get to me I put Nagini on the ground and got into a battle ready position. I was worried, so far every fight I've been in, I've had my powers to back me up. But now I can't use my powers without raising some eyebrows in my direction.

I'll have to rely on my non-existent combat experience.

Great, this will be a fair fight. A scrawny 12 year old child with armor and a shield that's too big for him, and is also nerfed so he can't use his powers, vs, children of the god of war, destruction, bloodlust, etc, etc. all of which are ginormous and muscular enough to squeeze your head until it pops.

There is one thing I might be able to do.

As they were charging at me like wild boars I willed the river underneath their legs to go the opposite direction.

This worked and caused two of them to trip and fall, slowing them down momentarily.

When they got to me, Clarrise jumped and tried to stab me through the chest with a spear which I barely blocked with my shield. The attack made me fall backwards into the river.

"NO ONE MESSES WITH ARES CABIN!" roared clarisse before she once again thrust her spear at me, I once again barely blocked her.

I made a motion to seem like I was backing up with my feet, but I was also subtly using the river to drag me along.