level 24

If someone asked me to describe Annabeth, some words come to mind. Smart, stubborn, tough, determined, arachnophobic, stubborn, persistent, determined, persistent.

Did I mention that she's stubborn, determined and persistent? Well she is.

For the week leading up to the quest I was getting constantly ambushed by her, in the training arena, dinner, the middle of the woods, the only places where I was safe from her was my cabin, bunker 3, the lake, and the bathrooms.

And every time it's the same thing, she wants to come on the quest with me. And everytime she asks I say the same thing, no.

Admittedly she has some good reasons for her wanting to join, she's been training for something like this for the past 7 years, she knows basically everything about every monster out there, and she has an invisibility cap.

All are very useful things to have on a quest.

But on the other hand, I could identify any monster's weakness with just a glance, I'm already friends with a tank who's the literal daughter of war, bloodlust, and destruction, or at least I think we're friends. I am definitely going to invite Grover, so all positions are already full, and another reason why I'm not inviting her is because she attacked nagini.

Even ignoring everything else, she attacked nagini, my friend. It's going to take a long time for me to forgive her.

Everytime she ambushes me she just decreases the already nonexistent chances of me asking her to be on this quest.

I just tried to avoid Annabeth anytime I see her coming, unfortunately this led to me jumping into a thornbush, twice.

But even then, she still finds me.

I just told her to leave me alone for a few days and then I'll consider letting her join on the quest. Fortunately this actually worked, or so I thought.

It took two days to realize that Annabeth was spying on me and seeing if I was actually considering letting her on the quest. What gave her away was my ability to detect bloodlust, thanks to Annabeth it even leveled up.

In the two peaceful annabeth-less days (or so i thought) i asked clarisse if she wanted to help me, her response?

"If you didn't invite me, I would've gutted you."

"So is that a yes?"

"Figure it out punk."

So I guess she's coming on the quest. Again, I'm not completely sure if we are friends.

And when I asked grover it was predictably more complicated.

We were at the lake, looking over the calm water that in turn calmed me. The only thing that disturbed the peaceful moment was the occasional crunching of metal cans due to Grover enjoying his lunch.

"so , that council thing you told me about a few days ago. What was that about?" I ask.

"The council of cloven elders, they're a group of wise old satyr's that decide matters concerning the wild and nature spirits." replied grover.

"But shouldn't there be a god for that?" I asked curiously

"There is, Pan, the lost god. The reason why the council exists is because Pan has been lost for centuries and the duties of the wild now fall upon the satyr's. The reason why I wanted to visit them was so I could get a searcher's license."

"And what's that? A searchers license I mean."

"It's something that gives me permission to go and search for Pan. In order to get it I have to find something of value, like a demigod. It's every satyr's dream to find Pan, and I know I'm going to be the one who finds him."