level 26

I hopped into the back of the strangers van, somewhat excitedly. Now i know that it's a bad thing to even talk to strangers, but hear me out, he offered me candy.

But seriously, me, Grover, and Clarisse went into the back of a van which the camp owns. The van drove us to new york which was painfully boring, at least on the trip to camp half-blood i got to drive, play music, see out the window, and best of all, be with mom.

But on this trip, i was stuck in the back of a van with a satyr and a wild boar, neither of which smell nice. The only meaningful thing that happened was discussing the prophecy.

You shall go west and face the god who has turned.

This part's easy, there's a god in the west that we must face.

You shall find what was stolen and see it safely returned.

This part's great, the master bolt was stolen, and I'll find and return it, or at least, that's what I wanted them to think. I didn't want to clue argus in on the fact i'm the champion of the fates, so i couldn't say everything i know at liberty.

The master bolt isn't the only thing stolen, there's also Hades' helm of darkness. I'll find a lost item and return it, but which lost item and to whom do I return it.

And there's also my mother, she was taken from me in a sense, so i might be safely returning her spirit to her body.

You shall be betrayed by one that calls you friend

Again, i knew what the prophecy was talking about, but I couldn't say it freely say. Luke calls me a fiend, when he is a traitor. But to Grover and Clarisse, they were blissfully oblivious.

And you shall fail to save what matters most in the end.

That last line closed my coffin lid, i'll fail to save something, or someone. And i think i know what it is i'll fail to save. You don't 'save' an object, especially if they're two of the most powerful artifacts in the universe.

No, you save a person. I know that this sounds selfish, but the master bolt, and the fate of the world. I admit that's important, but my mom is more important to me.

I'll fail to save what matters most in the end.

At least, I might be able to save the world.

Eventually we made it to the city where we were dropped off at a bus terminal.

"So, I think our first order of business is to level up grover." I said.

"Why? How wimpy can he be?" said clarisse.

"Lvl 5." I replied.

"So how do i level up exactly?" said grover.

"Standard video game stuff, kill monsters and do quests, for doing this quest we actually get 100,000 XP."

"Ok, but what can we do here and now?"

"Well I have access to a dungeon, but for some reason I don't think that would be the best choice to get XP from."

"So what? We just walk around New York until we find a monster to kill?" said Clarrise.

"I guess, got any better ideas?"

"Yeah, pray to the fates, or go that dungeon you mentioned."

"The fates are more likely to mess with me if anything, and I just have a feeling that the tombs aren't the best way to go."

"Tombs?" grover asked.

"The dungeons I've been in are called 'tomb of the blank'." I explained.

"Than just pray to the fates, you are their champion after all."