level 9

I walked out of the crack in the walls without anyone batting an eye. I walked out of the building and a little ways down the street to the payphone where I first encountered Macaroni and Pepper.

I don't have any way to summon them so the best I could do is either wait around doing nothing or I could try to replicate what I did earlier.

I call my mom and I didn't have any time to even hear the first ring before the song the game plays in my head once again switches from 'Perseus' by unknown brain to 'hellhound on my trail' by Robert Johnson.

I look up and see the two hellhounds growling at me, this time they are more mad and covered in battle scars.

I used 'observe' them and it gave me the same information except their opinion of me is different. Also their weaknesses are now revealed.

They are hungry and pissed, they now want to eat you.

Pepper

Weakness :

she becomes extremely downtrodden if not given attention

She is extremely clumsy

She is hyperactive and overly curious

Macaroni

Weakness :

She is usually extremely stupid most of the time

Well that's comforting.

Fortunately i have a plan, a crazy suicidal plan.

I felt an ominous shudder go through me, as if I just said something that I will carry with me for the rest of my life.

The plan is : piss off pepper and she will clumsily run towards me. When that happens I'll surprise her with riptide and she won't be able to dodge. When that happens I'll confuse Macaroni with a question which will give me the opportunity to strike.

It's foolproof

Remember a few chapter's ago where whatever I said the opposite happened? It happened again, maybe it's part of having 0 luck.

The first part worked well, but the second part didn't.

When I stabbed Pepper, she exploded into golden dust that covered my face, blinding me for a moment. I shook the dust off my face and was about to ask my question but Macaroni was nowhere to be seen.

I look around and see nothing. She must've run away, I cap riptide and was about to put it, or her? In my pocket.

That was before I was tackled from out of nowhere.

-125 HP

Somehow Macaroni teleported right next to me and tackled me to the ground when I dropped my guard, and she used Pepper as a decoy.

Clever girl.

But not clever enough.

I looked up, smirking at Macaroni, both of her large paws on either side of my head while she let her slobber dribble out of her mouth and onto me.

The thing is though.

In pen form, I still had riptide in my hands.

I pointed the pen directly upwards and uncapped it.

If I wasn't caked in monster dust I was now.

Fortunately a strong breeze cleaned it all off of me and sent the dust scattered to the winds.

+1000$

Level up: you are now level 7

You now have 575/700