level 25

I stood at the top of half blood hill, waiting for my quest mates to arrive.

"How long do you think they'll be?" I ask the tree next to me.

"The sun hasn't even risen yet, they aren't going to be here anytime soon." responded the tree.

I looked over to the tree, or more accurately, the spirit inside of it.

For the first time in the past two weeks, I was able to go to the grove of Dodona, the first week I spent in Hermes cabin, and apparently it's impossible to sneak away from children of the god of thieves. And the week after that I was being hounded by Annabeth 24/7, even in the dead of night I kept on getting ambushed by her.

But now, there's nothing to stop me from going to the grove... other than the ant hill filled with gigantic killer ants. Fortunately there was another route that I took, and the Hermes shoes helped. Unfortunately it required me to nose dive into a thick canopy of trees.

And after that I was finally left alone... in a forest that is definitely haunted.

Throughout the entire night the entire forest was screaming at me in a way that would've made me go insane if not for gamers mind. While i was in that forest it felt like my mind was caught in a cyclone, and it's desperately clinging on to the large stable rock that is gamers mind.

But I got through it all, the moment that I got the notification telling me that I succeeded in the quest I flew out of the grove and over to Thalia's tree.

When I first got over to Thalia's tree the first thing i noticed was that there was something different about the tree, I couldn't quite tell what it was, where the leaves a different color? have the branches moved? Was that ghostly apparition always there?

For some reason I thought that the ghost was the biggest difference. There was some sort of ghost that was actually inside the trunk of the tree, not just floating in front of it, but just sitting inside it.

It wasn't a shade like the lumberjack, but it was actually somewhat glowing, and I could clearly see the ghost's facial features, clothes, and other things like that.

The ghost looked like a 15 year old girl with black spiky hair made into a pixie cut, and dotted around her cheeks were freckles.

Unfortunately she was asleep so I couldn't talk to her... so I woke her up.

I watered the tree and hoped that like a human, having water being sprayed on you while you're asleep would wake you up.

And for some reason tree logic and human logic are somewhat similar.

The spirit who i'm assuming is Thalia woke up startled, not liking the wake up call. She looked around for a moment before her piercing electric blue eyes glared at me, and for a single moment it felt like she actually pierced me with lightning.

So Athenian eyes freeze you, Ares eyes burn you, and Zeus' eyes make you feel like you've been zapped, i wonder if my eyes have any sort of special effect.

After thalia glared at me, making her point, she tried to go back to sleep.

"Pardon me, you're Thalia right?" I asked while the supposed Thalia just laid still, I guess some people often come up here to talk to her, so this is just a normal thing.

Just imagining it for a moment terrified me. Have people talk to you but not talk back, to have people see you but not notice you. Stuck in a tiny world of your own, the thought of it, terrifies me.

"I can see you, your spirit." I said, this seemed to get her attention.

She opened her eyes again and looked over at me, somewhat uncaring, I guess she didn't quite believe me.