• 25 letters •

This has been kind of crazy in the BigHit building since Hoseok and Jungkook announced they dated Ja-ok and me. 

We have even been told all the rules we had to know when dating an idol, such as not divulging private information about them on networks, as if we would. We hadn't learned much, it was obvious that we wouldn't walk freely hand-in-hand in the center of Seoul. 

At least, it was a relief for Jungkook, he was now dating me with a clear conscience, and also with the company's approval, it meant a lot to him. 

I was glad to see how joyful he had been since then. We were careful, and it was annoying, but we were together and that was all that mattered. 

"I learned that the sasaengs associated with Jong-su were found?" I hum which earns Jungkook's gaze on my face. 

He quickly looks back at the road since he's driving. I was always open to talking about Jong-su and what happened, but Jungkook seems always uncomfortable. I knew it was because he knew how it affected me. 

"It's okay, Kook, I'm fine." I smile at him and he seems to relax his shoulders slightly. 

"You're really brave, Dana." He smiles back and his hand finds its way on my thigh as he looks back at the road above. 

My heart might explode because of the act, I bite my lower lip to try to stop smiling like the dumbhead I was but without success. 

He notices and a smirk creeps on his pretty lips. 

The drive is about 10 minutes long to my old house. I never found the courage to go back in after my mother died, it stayed the same ever since. I never wanted to sell it or the furniture, I felt like betraying her. 

Jungkook agreed to come with me for the first time I'm coming back. 

After all these years, I feel like I now have to move on. I have to let her go, I have to accept the fact that she's not coming back. Grief is long, it's tiring and torturing. I went through that and now, for the first time in forever, I feel better. 

I feel like happiness is within my reach, I just have to grab it. 

Unknowingly, Jungkook's hand slides into mine the moment we arrive. His reassuring smile and loving eyes give me the boost I need to finally step inside the house my mom died in. 

A deep breath isn't enough to ease my nerves and my shaking form, but Jungkook's presence does help me to feel secure and strong. 

I open the door and look around. Nothing changed, except for the terrible layer of dust everywhere. I thought it would be colder, creepier. Is it Jungkook hand in mine making me feel warm and safe? 

He squeezes me reassuringly as I felt my throat tighten. The kitchen, where she always made me breakfast before starting my days. The living room, where we used to watch movies under fluffy blankets. Her bedroom, where she took her last breath... 

"We don't have to do it if you don't feel like it." Jungkook stops me before I can step further into her room. 

I smile at him, "I want to." 

Back at the beach where Jungkook and I talked, he told me that he never received the letters I sent him after I left Seoul. I wanted to verify if my mother had kept them.

I let go of Jungkook's hand and start to search around in the old-pink bedroom. My mother liked to have her room clean and organized, it reminds me of all those times she scolded me for not taking good care of mine. I chuckle at the memories flashing back one after the other. Jungkook watches me silently, his own lips turning into a smile as he knows I was remembering a lot of things I had once forgotten.