• 15 past •

*Author's POV*

The saddest part in life is saying goodbye to someone you wish to spend your lifetime with.

Dana knew that just too much.

The number of people she lost was too much to count and too painful to remember.

And now again, she had lost someone she truly cared about. It may seem dumb of her to have just fallen in love like that with someone she barely knows, but it wasn't just like that, it was deeper.

The story could be seen the other way because Dana was not the only one falling in love. It was not one-sided love like she thought it was. The difference is that Jungkook knew at the beginning where their relationship was leading but he couldn't stop, because he loved her.

Jungkook looked blankly at the wall in front of him, sitting on his bed. His tears had dried, he was emotionless after a few hours of crying without stopping.

He never thought Dana would get under his skin this much.

Taehyung stayed with him the whole time, he didn't want to let his best friend alone through this challenging time.

"I'm scared for her." He finally spoke, still looking at the white wall. "I don't want to leave her alone."

Taehyung didn't know what to say. He just listened.

"She's a good person, a broken person."

"You really love her..."

"Taehyung." He locked eyes with him. "You all must think I'm stupid I fell in love so quickly-"

"We don't think you're stu-"

"Hear me out." He got out of his bed, a boost of energy animating his muscles. He went to his desk and started to search in one of his drawers. "Dana. The first time I saw her, I felt something. I didn't understand why though, she was a stranger to me."

"You told us she was crying and you hate it when people cry, whoever it is."

"It was true. But there was more."

Taehyung frowned and came to Jungkook. He had taken out a piece of white paper from his drawer, on it was what obviously looked like a kid's drawing (abstract trees and flowers).

Jungkook scanned Taehyung's face when he was looking at it as if it'd make sense to him, which obviously didn't.

"Okay, I'm sorry Jungkook but I don't think I get it."

"It's hers." Taehyung looked up.

"What?"

"That drawing, it's hers."

"How do you know?" Taehyung returned the paper, searching for a name or evidence.

"I'm pretty sure."

Taehyung sighed and put his hand on his friend's shoulder. "Listen, kook, I know you already miss her but what you're saying makes no sense."

"You don't believe me..." He stepped back making Taehyung lose his grasp on his shoulder.

The older sighed. "Kook, I-"

"Why don't you believe me?" Jungkook raised his voice a little. He trusted his best friend to believe him. "Listen, Tae," he said more calmly, "I know her, from before. It makes so much sense now."

Taehyung listened, but he wasn't sure if he could believe it.

"We were friends a long time ago. When we were kids. That's why I always felt that connection. That's why I felt something when I saw her. Taehyung, we promised each other we would see each other again, and we did."