"It was an accident Mani, I understand. It's okay." I weakly smiled at her and held her hand. The medics came in, and asked questions about what happened. Mani filled them in, while the medics worked on Ava. I also heard the blonde stranger, DJ calming down Ava who was crying from whatever they were doing.

"Ma'am. Would you fill up this form for us please?" The medic said as he he handed me the papers. I read the chart and filled out the basic information like name. Birthday? Place of birthday? Allergies? Medical History? Medications? I just signed Ava's name, my name and my contact information. I don't even know her birthday for crying out loud.

"I'm sorry I can't answer some of the questions in there." I handed the papers back to the medic who looked at me with a confused face. Yeah, I don't know shit about my child. I'm new to this okay.

"We're going to NY Downtown. Anyone want to ride the Ambulance with us?" the head medic said, as Ava was sitting on the stretcher with DJ beside her. 

"Go Laur, I'll just meet you there." Mani said as she pushed me foreword to follow the stretcher and my daughter on it. 

"Momma!" Ava said as she was put up inside the ambulance, looking for me. I quickly sat beside her, combing her sweaty locks. 

"I'm here. Okay." I said as I kissed her forehead. They almost shut the door, and Ava called for the blonde stranger.

"No! Doctor!! Come with me!" she was holding out her good hand for the tall stranger, who was left outside the ambulance. 

"Can I also ride with you guys?" the tall stranger said as she hold onto Ava's shaking hand. The medic's allowed her to jump in, and were on our way to the hospital.

"Hey didn't really introduce myself. I'm Lauren. Thank you for helping out. It really means alot." I said as I reached out my hand to the blonde stranger.

"I'm Dinah Jane, and it's my pleasure." she said as she shook my hand, her smile wide. "How old is she?" she said referring to Ava. 

"She's four." I smiled at Ava, who was falling asleep on the stretcher. Thankfully she had calmed down. Hopefully we're done with the waterworks tonight. 

"Explains the brittle bones. I suggest you let her drink more milk. I'm a pediatrician, by the way. " She said as she chuckled. That explains the voice and the approach she did earlier. 

"Uhm, do you mind checking up on her after all this mess? I kinda have some questions about this whole parenting thing." I asked her shyly. Well it's the truth. I have to ask alot of questions about parenting this child, and I'm not ashamed asking for help.

"Actually, me and my best friend Cam—-" Dinah was interrupted by the Ambulance door opening, and I wasn't able to get the answer from her anymore. We rushed inside the emergency room, and Dinah was left in the waiting room while I was dragged around the hospital, following my 4 year old daughter. 

An hour later, Ava was sporting a cast, and we still had to pick a color. This child is as indecisive as I am.