Stella and I just never agree on many things.

"I'm sorry" I heard her voice echo through the empty hallway from where I waited for the lift to come up, "I'm immature, I know"

"I know that too" I sighed pressing the lift button again.

"I guess I have no filter"

"You don't, you really don't" I agree looking to her and seeing an offended face, "I'm only agreeing with what you said"

The lift dinged and the doors swung open, having me walk inside but Stella follow.

"I'm sorry" she repeated.

"It's fine" I told her, holding my hand out for her to exit the lift.

"No it's not" she said softly, "I know that face, I hold it everyday"

"Oh, is it your turn to give me a sob story. Paying back for all the ones I suffered you through?"

The doors closed, leaving the two of us to be in the enclosed area together.

"I didn't suffer through your stories, Harry" Stella told me, "I was actually interested in what you had to tell me"

I looked to her, biting the inside of my mouth, "Just tell me the sob story" I muttered.

She looked down to the floor, hesitating before speaking up.

The doors dinged open before she got the chance to open her mouth.

I sighed, waiting for her to exit first before following her out to the front doorways.

Leaving me clueless, she walked outside and sat at the curve of the pavement. Next to a parked taxi cab.

I stayed standing behind her, feeling the artificial wind made by the cars driving by hit my cold face.

"My brother's in prison" she said, making me furrow my eyebrows and rub the back of my neck.

"I'm sorry"

"Don't be, he deserves it" she said bringing her knees to her chest, "I mean I love him but, he was fucking stupid"

"What did he do?" I asked whilst I fumbled with me feet.

"He tried to get me sleeping with people a business" she explained, "I didn't agree to it of course...and, I-I reported him"

With an exhale, I bent down to sit next to her on the pavement.

"When was this?" I looked to her.

She sighed shakily, rubbing her eyes from the potential tears that can escape, "Last month" she responded, "I just feel like I betrayed him"

"You did the right thing" I made clear, "Stella, he wanted to use you. You showed him who was the bigger person"

"Yeah but he was all I had" she looked to me with her eyes becoming glossy.

"What do you mean?"

"I don't have parents" she began to say whilst she wiped her eyes, "They gave my brother and I up when we were nine, no one would adopt a kid that old so" she shrugged, "We turned eighteen and we were out, came to England"

"Is he your twin brother?" I asked, figuring when she said 'we turned eighteen'.

She nodded.

"Have you suffered through my sob story enough?" she tried to laugh.

I shook my head, "I'm not suffering" I assured her.

"An neither did I"

I looked at her, "Why?" I asked.

"Because, believe it or not, I actually am interested in what you have to say"

I looked at her, furrowing my eyebrows having a hunch of what she said. But I shrugged it off.

"You don't need your brother" I told her, "You're proving to yourself that you can live without him"

"How? Sleeping with every guy I meet?" she laughed nervously, "And pretending like I don't have feelings for one of them!"

I pursed my lips and stood from the pavement, "Then stop pretending" I told her, having an ounce of doubt it was me she was talking about.

"I can't" she choked, "He loves someone else"

I stopped my breathing and brought the pads of my fingers to the bridge of my nose, "Stella..."

"I know, it's fucking stupid"

"You can't have feelings for me" I told her.

"You think I don't know that?" she stood up and looked to me.

"I'll never feel the same"

Her features dropped, "You won't?"

"No, I'll never have feelings for you Stella"

"I'm so fucking stupid" she muttered, "It's because of her"

"Don't you fucking dare" I snapped, "She has had and always will have the feelings I'll ever have for someone"

"Yeah, I figured that" she clenched her teeth.

Tears ran down her cheeks, "You can't just talk to me like we just did seconds ago and tell me you don't care about me" she choked.

"I didn't say I didn't care about you, I said I can't" I told her, "Listen, you cannot let me be the reason you break"

She said nothing, but silently cried.

I looked away, at anything that wasn't her saddened, broken face.

"I'm sorry" I said, trying to sound with no sympathy.

Stuffing my numb fingers into my pants pockets, I began my way down the pavement.

___________________

Bro.

This is one of those moments where I want you to feel sympathy for Stella and what she just had to go through and it's also one of those moments where someone doesn't get their happy ending. And also when you want to choke me but hey

Song on the side >> one of my all time favorite artists

Save Your Heart by Mayday Parade