Chapter Forty-Four

Start from the beginning

"This all sounds like a... game... Like a made up game that a bunch of kids are playing. O-or a fairy tale in real life." Y/n mentioned, feeling extremely anxious all of the sudden when she remembered that the Earth she had once known was completely destroyed.

"I know how you feel..." Damien sighed, making her look over at him again, "It's weird. Everyone here has no idea what the Earth is. King Kyle had no frikin' clue when I mentioned it to him. It almost made him stop talking to me! I had to just play along... and you'll get farther here if you do, too. They all lost their memories of their past lives. Except for me and the Princess." He said, making Y/n's eyes widen with surprise, "Princess Kenny knows what the Earth is. And now you too," he said.

He glanced over at Pip, looking a bit sad, "He didn't remember who I was either. He was just a peasant, orphan boy, living on a failing farm with a bunch of other bastard orphans. He was actually crying when I finally found him... hoeing a dusty field. He looked all fucked up because his adoptive R'lyearth Dad had just beaten him to shit... He was scared when I appeared before him, but mostly just defeated... I immediately possessed him, interlinked our souls against his will, and brought him before the King. His backstory is the same as it was on Earth. Orphaned, abused, ignored, psychologically tormented, and now, cursed with a demon."

"Well, I don't see having a demon friend as much of a curse. Ever since my soul was linked with Master Damien, my life has gotten quite better! I'm now akin to royalty, after all!" Pip smiled.

"Royal messengers are either super badass or totally disposable..." Damien said, before gesturing towards him as if to point out how obviously disposable he was, as Pip admired his shiny, golden messenger buttons on his coat, "And the King would never make a deal with a demon, so he actually made this arrangement to find the Dark Knight with Pip. I had already been talking to the King when I went out to find Pip. He just knows that I'm connected with him now, so he could send Pip out and get the same results,  without facing the consequences of making a deal with me. Even though I would still be the one doing all of the work. And I have no reason to double cross him... He trusts me, he'd just never admit it." He rolled his eyes.

"Kenny has her memories of Earth though?" Y/n questioned him about that vital information again.

"Yep. I actually wasn't sure if you had yours, but the second you recognized Pip without him having to tell you who he was, I knew that you still had your memories," Damien said, "He's never seen you in his life before now, at least as far as he knows. I try to explain this stuff to him, but he doesn't care, he's just happy to be here. I'm sure he thinks I'm just a crazy demon, always talking nonsense, like the King does. But Princess Kenny remembers you for sure. And she remembered me. She's the one who told me to play along. When she started asking King Kyle about the Earth, he thought she was sick. And then, when I mentioned the Earth, the King accused me of messing with the Princess!" Damien stated angrily. Y/n just smiled in a pleasant surprise.

"So she still remembers me then, right?!" Y/n asked, trying to confirm that she wouldn't have to convince the princess to fall for her all over again.

"Yeah, duh," Damien said, "She woke up one day obsessed with finding the Dark Knight because she had a dream that this amazing knight was the only person out of an army of men who could save her life from the Wizard King Cartman. King Kyle was kinda dismissive at first, but then he started taking her requests to find the Dark Knight super seriously after finding out that there was a real ancient prophecy behind it! So now the Princess and The King are obsessed with finding the Dark Knight; he sent all of his best soldiers, knights, and explorers out looking for them, and then King Cartman started looking for the Dark Knight, too! Now both of the kingdoms are going crazy about the Dark Knight." Damien waved his hands around as he explained. Pip was getting excited, like a kid listening to a fun story before bedtime. Y/n gulped and tucked her head behind her knees.