Somewhere in the air between Kavish and Durja

The sun setting in the horizon cast an orange glow in the cabin as the flight descended at Garang, a village in Arhat by the border close to Durja. A land covered in greens with streams running through a large curve, a perfect time to enjoy the view said the locals. However, none in the flight could take a glimpse out not when they have caused a stir in their initial plan.

"So, you are telling me that I have made a haste decision?" Nakshathra questioned her companions with burning rage.

Not long after their departure from Pareen, reasons to why their plan might not work thrown her way like that of a large snowball rolled over her. Her enthusiasm dropped from hundred to zero as each one alternatively spoke to her in private. They all turned out to speak of the same thought with different possibilities and each one broke her down.

"What if Alli wasn't from Durja at all?" One of her four guards asked while another said, "Who knew if anyone would recognise her as Alli maybe she is known by another name. How are we going to find her?"

Arunya who had come to her in the pretext of boredom and spewed her thought of the entire plan might not even work citing its impossible to locate their people in such a big country. Ramani on the other hand blurted the chances of Alli tricking Nakshathra into her captive and in return refuse to send the kidnapped men with them.

It took her so much not to burst out when another guard, Revanth, walked to her with Janardan in tow. "Maybe we should stop somewhere and get a proper plan worked out, Your Highness," said Janardan who had supported her decision on their way back from Gupagam forest and even in the palace.

"Cut it off now!" Nakshathra exploded as she breathed heavily with her glazy eyes staring at her guards. "Leave me alone," she murmured after a short pause.

"But Your Highness—"

"Leave. Me."

She slumped down on her seat and brought her knees close to her chest; a sense of failure swamped her. Overwhelmed with her companions' unfavourable opinions regarding their travel, she found herself in a state of embarrassment for not listening or thinking wisely before deciding. Doubt crept in her mind while her heart beat hard against her chest in fear.

It irked her to know those who had volunteered to go with her wasn't with her because they supported her decision but to eventually change her mind and bring her back to the palace. How will they even get close to their people if every one of them fear for something life threatening to happen? Of course, she too shared the same fright yet she had to put her strongest face to deal with the choice she made but her companions wished otherwise. Eventually making her feel bad for the decision. Nakshathra dwelled in a regretful state almost agreeing to her travel mates.

Hours passed by in silence. What did they count her for, someone who doesn't have a solid plan? Maybe she hadn't had one in the beginning but she had one in her hand. A spy planted by her brother in Durja many years ago might help her get the vital information she needs if she can get hold of him at the location her brother had shared.

Pushing everything aside, Nakshathra ordered to continue the journey to Indrud, a village in the west of Durja with shallow confidence and hope. With more than one negative possibility been fed into her mind, Nakshathra was not hoping for any of their plan to move smoothly.

*-*-*-*-*

Indrud, west of Durja

Nakshathra had made up her mind not to stay with her companions till they reach Durja. Now, she stood next to the captain behind the wheel overlooking the village from above, Indrud, as the day turned dusk. Ahead of them was a long stretched dry mud road with lights half way lit, houses far from the road scattered in an unplanned order, beyond low-rise hills, a narrow blue river, the last of the sun's ray glinting off its surface.