Chapter 19: The enslaved fairy

Start from the beginning

[*Cough Cough* It sure is dusty and dark] Using a rag from my inventory as a dust mask, I proceeded with less coughing but my eyes are getting itchy from this one heck of a dust storm.

Using a flashlight, I probed around the area looking for any signs of life. However, all I found in here were old rotting furniture.

The place was left to rot, as such everything here is practically unusable. From a sala set, to the chimney, to the tables, desks, and chairs....as frustrating as it is, everything is rotting from the presence of termites.

[Hmmmm, this door is locked] I tried turning the knob but it won't budge. Well, it was useless to begin with. I pried it open with my own strength, forcing the knob to explode into pieces.

[.....................]

[Ugh.............] As I fanned the dust away from my face, I arrived at the ping where the person should have been but I cannot see any signs of him/her being here.

Strange....

[Ah, a classic]

something is indicated and shocked by what it is.

about 80 cm in height, with wings, pink hair, human form resembling a young girl.............

It was a pink-headed fairy

[...........] (??) In my bed, a pink-headed fairy slept peacefully. I watched her sleep as I observed the cues happening in the map.

What the fuck happened to her? As far as what I have understood with this situation, this must be another case of illegal slavery. I can still remember the faces of Miss Marie and Sir Matthew as I brought her here. They were more surprised however with the fact that I brought her collared, and not because she was a fairy.

.....

.....

.....

[So you found her in an abandoned house?] (Irene) Madame witch was also called along with the priestess, an elven priestess.

[..............Yes]

[What's with the pause? Haaah.....As much as I want to reprimand you about the act of trespassing ones' properties..........I have nothing to say except good job in saving her] (Irene)

[Can I treat her now?] (??) The priestess quipped

[Ah yes, please if you may]

[Well then........<<GODDESS OF LIFE AND FERTILITY, PLEASE GRANT THIS SERVANT YOUR POWERS TO SAVE YOUR PEOPLE, GREATER HEAL>>] (??) Waving the staff at her hands, the orb on the tip glowed with a golden color and then a magic circle moved from the feet to the head of the fairy lying in the bed.

Seeing her pained expression turned soft and calm and peaceful made me heaved a sigh of relief. Seeing her relieved of the pain, it made me think of the atrocities this small thing has experienced, yet she survived it all.

[She's a strong fairy isn't she?] (??) The priestess smiled as she caressed the head of the sleeping fairy.

[Still, we can't do anything about that collar right?] (Irene)

A rustic colored collar is still attached at her neck, seeing it I can't help but to clench my fist in anger.

[It's long been abolished, but to think some people still do it. Moreover to a protected race, the gods will not stay silent about it, especially Mother Gaia herself] (??)

[Gaia?] As in mother earth? Gaia herself?

[There are a lot of gods out there, and one of those that stand atop others is Mother Gaia herself. The goddess of earth, fertility, and bountiful harvest. She's also the goddess the fay worships] (Irene) Yet some fearlessly still do it.

My face soured up thinking about slavery. When in times of war, it is said that is is better to die by the blade than to live as a slave. A person is freed upon death, but when they live after a war they are either a hero, a slave, or a loser.

However, to enslave a person without any meaning, it is immoral and unethical. To begin with, slavery was implemented back then to make those enslaved warriors as trading cards when talks are happening between countries.

This is a very sensitive topic and scenario, and I can't help but be curious as to how they did it and why.

[So are you saying that there is no way of removing that thing on her neck?]

[Haaaaah. That is why this is so hard, the slaver usually puts a specific type of magic circuit into that collar that makes the curse of slavery so difficult to dispel. Most of the times it comes with a surprise too, and it's not a good surprise either. It usually cripples the magician who tries to dispel it without the consent of the slaver, it would even go as far as to kill the magician or any priest that does the curse removal spell] (Irene)

[So unless you could remove it safely, no one would get hurt and she would be free?]

[Yes, if only it was that easy] (Irene)

[As unfortunate as it is, even after this, her life would never return back as long as the slave collar is attached to her neck] (??)

If only huh, how could we remove it if it is basically impossible to take out?

[...............................] Wait a minute.

Wait a goddamned minute, is this what I am thinking it is?

Why is it so convenient? Why do I have this skill in the first place?

WHY DO I HAVE THE INVENTORY SKILL? Of course, to take things in and out.

AND what thing could I conveniently take in when no one could? Of course....

[Ummm.......]

[?? What is it boy? You got something to say?] (Irene)

[I think I can]

[....................] (??)

[You can?] (Irene) The awkwardness in the room spread for about a few minutes, before I showed to the two what I could do.

[If I may, can I at least try?] And with those words, the life of the fairy changed for the better or for the worst.

==========================================

Afternoon came, and the subtle sound of business downstairs echoed in the 2nd floor of the inn. Across the rooms occupied in it, one of it occupied with a very special individual.

[Areh?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's gone now!?] (??) A small, high pitched but joyful voice echoed at one of the rooms.

Her pink hair bobbed up and down as she hopped in front of the mirror within the cabinet. With the collar now gone, the weight that was imposing upon her body as a burden was now lifted. Tears soon replaced the joy in her face.

[Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!] (??) The shit she's gone through were still fresh at her head.

The hands that she thought were safe, were the ones whom captured her and placed a collar upon her.

The first human encounter of the fairy was disastrous, it was traumatic. Many of them including her were captured by slavers............her friends..........her family..........

[Mom! Dad! Where are you?!] (??) Her joyful cries turned painful as she frantically searched for them.

[Where am I?! Who're you!?] (??)

[What's with the ruckus?!] (??) A human girl suddenly opened the door, causing the fairy to inch back in fear.

[Don't come near me! Don't come!!!!!!] (??)

An explosive windspell was activated on that moment, causing the window and door of the room to burst out of their placement.