Eventful auction house

Start from the beginning

"Everyone, I'd like you all to introduce yourselves to the royal family of the Kingdom of Sapin!" 

 Everyone near the vicinity dropped down on their knees. Arthur followed them in there, although he felt hesitant which was strange for him. He would have been humble as he once was with the elven royal, but his personality was starting to take a change... for better or worse he wasn't sure.

Blaine, on the other hand, waved his hand nonchalantly and signalled for everyone to rise. Without Sylvia noticing Sylvie sprung from her lap and made a dash towards Arthur, before springing on his shoulder curiously surveying the royal families faces.

"Kyuu," she trilled, drawing the attention of everyone in the room.

"Goodness gracious, what an adorable mana beast you have there," the queen exclaimed, her face lighting up at the sight of Sylvie. With eagerness, she walked over to Arthur to get a closer look at the creature. As she gently scratched under Sylvie's chin, the mana beast let out a soft, contented coo.

"Your majesty, she hatched just a few months ago," Arthur explained, capitalizing on the favorable mood. The king took a step closer to get a better view of Sylvie, asking, "I assume this mana beast is your bond, young man?"

"Indeed, she is," Arthur lied smoothly.

"How fortunate for you, she seems quite obedient," the king remarked, examining the white fox as he placed his fingers on his chin. "She can even communicate telepathically, your majesty," Arthur clarified, dispelling the king's confusion. Before the king could respond, a voice suddenly interrupted.

"What do you mean, you have an equal contract with this creature? Let me examine your bond," a voice bellowed out, as one of the hooded figures among the guards revealed himself.

Before the figure could approach, Arthur's intense aura caused the guard to flinch, his molten gaze leaving Sebastian momentarily stunned. Even Sylvia, who was resting on the couch, nearly leapt up with violently radiant lavender eyes overflowing with intensity.

Jin Woo's gloved hand swiftly cut her off mid-sentence, preventing her from going further. Her features twisted in frustration as she turned to scold him, but her words were caught in her throat. Jin Woo's violet eyes emitted an eerie hue, their void-like gleam evoking a sense of a detached mind, unsettling her as their gaze met.

"He's the leader of the guards I tasked Queresha with killing, so he's going to die either way," he spoke with apathy, causing her feet to wobble and stirring an uncomfortable memory of their first meeting.

With the commotion on his side settled, Arthur returned with Sylvie in tow. His expression and intentions were unmistakable; even a blind man could see that they had all come to a decision that Sebastian would not survive the encounter.

"Do you have a plan?" Arthur asked, to which Jin Woo replied with an ominous smirk that even Arthur found unsettling.

As he stood up, he became shrouded in a thick purple mist that rendered him completely invisible, even to a mana-augmented eye. His form became immaterial, allowing him to phase through walls.

He opened his mind, allowing the baffled Sylvie and Arthur to understand his plan before phasing through the walls of the VIP room. He searched the castle for a suitable location and eventually settled on one of the auction house's desolate storage rooms. He undid his camouflaged mana arts, revealing himself in a physical state.

"Sylvie bring him here." He mentally transmitted as the white fox's ears perked up. At a steady pace she ran outside the room, purposefully sprinting past Sebastian gaining his attention. A crooked smile made its way across his face, as he slowly started trailing Sylvie from her mana signature.