Chapter 2 | A stormy encounter

Yibo stopped the car in front of his father's house. He was reluctant to get out of the car. He felt something whispering to him not to go into the house — the feeling that something bad was waiting for him behind the door. Yibo stared at the front door of the house and wondered over and over again whether he should really listen to his own intuition or not. After much hesitation, he got out of the car, walked to the door, and, despite all his bad intuition, opened the door. 

Entering the hallway, Yibo heard not only the self-indulgent laughter of his father but also that of a young, familiar-sounding girl

Entering the hallway, Yibo heard not only the self-indulgent laughter of his father but also that of a young, familiar-sounding girl. Upon hearing the voice, Yibo didn't go any further; instead, he listened, hoping to remember where he had heard that cheerful voice before. His thoughts were broken by his father's voice as he approached him.

Mr. Wang's face still showed his cheerfulness.

"Yibo! Son, why didn't you tell me that you had already arrived?" Yibo's father asked, then hugged his son.

Yibo was so confused that he didn't even reciprocate the hug. This, though saddening his father, was not so much that his good cheer disappeared altogether. After letting him go, Mr. Wang looked at Yibo again with a faint smile.

"Even though you said you were willing to come here, I was still a little afraid that you would change your mind halfway and still not come." - Mr. Wang confessed honestly. - "But I'm glad you didn't end up doing that, and you're home again."

"This isn't my real home. This house never was." said Yibo, which made his father's smile slowly disappear.

"Mn. .. So you still haven't accepted that..." said Mr. Wang in frustration.

After a small pause, Yibo switched to a new topic;

"Let's talk about why you invited me here. ... Who is the girl you were laughing so hard with a few minutes ago? Who is your mystery guest?"

"The girl you heard is my guest." said Mr. Wang, again more serenely, turning to the living room. - "But let's not even keep her waiting any longer and go into the living room."

Mr. Wang headed for the living room, and Yibo followed him.

"She was looking forward to seeing you again." Mr. Wang added.

"Wait. .. Did you say that " again "?" asked Yibo, puzzled.

The next moment, Yibo didn't even go any further, already freezing at the entrance to the living room. The scent of the familiar and strong woman's perfume immediately hit Yibo's nose, which he not only never liked but even brought bad memories to his mind.

"Zhao .. Li Ying." Yibo muttered.

Upon hearing the name, the girl who had been sitting with her back to him on the couch immediately turned around. She looked straight at Yibo. The smile on her face widened.

 The smile on her face widened