Chapter 11 | Aquamarine hearts 💙

Yibo hurried to the living room, but couldn't find Zhan there, so he went to his bedroom. He opened the door and was relieved to see Zhan sitting on the bed.

"You scared me a lot when you disappeared from the living room." said Yibo as he walked to the bed and sat down next to Zhan. - "But I'm glad you came here while I was talking to Yi- .." - Yibo paused for a moment, then looked away, slightly annoyed. - ".. I meant that with someone, ... who I never thought I would see here." Yibo finished.

As Zhan looked at Yibo, he wondered who Yibo was talking to, whose name he refused to say, and whose unexpected appearance made Yibo very anxious and tense. There was silence between the two of them for a while. The silence remained until Yibo heard Zhan start to breathe differently again.

"Zhan,... Hey, are you okay?" asked Yibo as he looked at Zhan again.

After some reluctance, Zhan shook his head and then rubbed his throat. Yibo saw on Zhan's face that a little panic had started to take over him.

"Have you been drinking water since Wenjun left?" Yibo inquired, to which Zhan shook his head in response.

"What?" - Yibo was shocked for a moment, as it had been hours since his friend left. - "You stay here, and I'll get you a glass of water." said Yibo, leaving the room. However, Zhan did not listen to him and followed him. He didn't want to be alone in the room again.

Yibo hurried to the kitchen and poured water into a glass. Meanwhile, he didn't even notice that Zhan was already in the kitchen. Yibo turned off the tap and quickly turned to go back to his room, but then he bumped into Zhan standing behind him. All the water from the glass splashed onto Zhan.

"Zhan?! What are you doing here? ..." but as soon as Yibo said this, Zhan turned into a merfolk form again.

" but as soon as Yibo said this, Zhan turned into a merfolk form again

Yibo dropped the glass from his hand and immediately caught Zhan. He knelt on the floor again, holding Zhan in his arms.

"Okay, .. okay, I caught you." said Yibo, initially relieved. But then he was horrified when he saw Zhan raise his own hand.

Zhan looked at his injured, bleeding palm in horror.

"What happened to your hand ..?" asked Yibo.

Yibo took a closer look at Zhan's injured arm. He noticed that there was a small piece of glass in Zhan's palm. Yibo looked at the floor covered by broken glass and spilled water. When they fell to the floor, Zhan imperceptibly placed one hand on the small, sharp pieces of glass.

"The broken glass cup ... " noted Yibo.

Yibo stood up and walked into the living room with Zhan in his arms. He laid Zhan down on the couch and propped up his back with pillows. After Yibo carefully removed the piece of glass and bandaged Zhan's palm, he saw a small blue stone lying on the sofa near Zhan's waist.

 After Yibo carefully removed the piece of glass and bandaged Zhan's palm, he saw a small blue stone lying on the sofa near Zhan's waist