Chapter 8 | The merfolk's new, second home

Yibo managed to get home undisturbed, with the merfolk in his arms, which he had been waiting so long to see again. He hurried to the bedroom and laid the still-unconscious merfolk on the bed. He went to the bathroom across from his room and turned on the faucet to fill the huge tub with lukewarm water, then went back to his room. Yibo removed the shirt from Zhan's body, then wrapped smaller wet cloths around his neck and wrists and cleaned and bandaged Zhan's larger injuries. By the time he finished, there was enough water in the tub. Holding Zhan in his arms in bridal style, Yibo returned to the bathroom and laid Zhan in the tub. The water rose to half of Zhan's chest, and only a small part of the end of his fin hung out of the tub. While the Zhan rested, Yibo had some time to take a closer look at his beauty. The merfolk's fins were covered in light turquoise scales in most places, and only in a few small parts were they a slightly darker shade. Despite his many injuries, Zhan was apparently resting peacefully without any sign of pain, only the faint white tint of his face revealing his weakened state.

 Despite his many injuries, Zhan was apparently resting peacefully without any sign of pain, only the faint white tint of his face revealing his weakened state

While Yibo waited, he hoped that he had managed to save Zhan's life. He hoped that Zhan would wake up soon. But as the hours passed and the day turned into night, nothing changed, only Yibo felt himself getting more and more tired. Finally, with great difficulty, Yibo forced himself to rest. In his bedroom, Yibo sat down on one of the sofas, leaned back, and closed his eyes only briefly. However, his perseverance did not last long, and Yibo finally fell asleep.

-----------------------

Yibo woke up to the sound of splashing water and then a thud. He immediately ran to the bathroom but stopped at the door. He found the mermaid on the floor, instead of lying in the tub.

"What happened? Why did you come out of the water?" Yibo asked worriedly as he was about to go over and help Zhan, who was lying on the ground. But as soon as Yibo took a step forward, Zhan panicked and pulled away from him.

"Calm down, calm down... Hey, you don't have to be afraid of me. I don't want to hurt you at all, I just want to help you." said Yibo standing still.

Zhan did nothing, lying motionless on the cold floor and looking at Yibo in horror. He just hoped that the person in front of him was really telling the truth and wouldn't do anything bad to him.

However, Yibo did not give up hope and slowly took another step.

"You ... do you perhaps recognize me? ... Or do you perhaps still remember me?"- asked Yibo. - "I was the one you saved recently at the port." added Yibo after a short pause.

Hearing this, Zhan began to calm down and think about everything Yibo had told him. He scanned Yibo several times with his eyes. He slowly raised one hand and then held it to his own chest.

At this, Yibo just smiled faintly with eyes full of hope.

"Yes, ... yes, you kept your hand there that evening too, .. just on my chest, above my heart." said Yibo as he put his own hand on his chest similarly.