Chapter 15 | The octopus's revenge

After paramedics examined and confirmed Mr. Wang's words that he was perfectly fine: his pulse was regular, and they found no signs of a heart attack, they left after Mr. Wang's long persuasion. Yibo accepted his father's decision, but only on the condition that he accompany him to the hospital the next day for an examination. Yibo wanted to ensure that everything was still okay with his father's heart and that he wouldn't be in danger of another heart attack.

-------------------

The time soon passed, and evening came.

Mr. Wang insisted on returning home, but Yibo absolutely refused to let him go back to the city alone. That's why he called Wenjun and asked him to take care of Zhan while he was away. After the phone call, Yibo went to the bathroom. He took the sleeping Zhan out of the tub, walked over to the bedroom, and laid him on the bed. He quietly left the room.

Mr. Wang was standing at the railing of the terrace when Yibo joined him.

"I called Wenjun recently. He said he would be here soon." said Yibo.

"Okay." - replied Mr. Wang, then turned to Yibo. - "And how is Zhan?" inquired Mr. Wang.

"He's fine; he's sleeping now. Lying in the tub for half an hour really helped him regain his strength, just like he said."

"Hm. I'm glad to hear that. After he healed me, or rather, he saved my life, .. he scared me quite a bit when we entered the house, and he just fell to his knees from one moment to the next."

"Yeah, .. he scared me a lot too. But as it turns out, he was just very exhausted." said Yibo softly.

After a while, Mr. Wang turned his gaze to his son and then just watched him in silence. Yibo looked into the distance, but Mr. Wang could see that his son's thoughts were very much about Zhan.

"I never thought you would finally find happiness in such a special person."

"Hm...?" said Yibo, snapping out of his thoughts.

Mr. Wang, not paying attention to his son, just continued.

"Although he is not a human, he is still much more human than LiYing. .. Oh, I can hardly believe that I never once realized what an evil, duplicitous person LiYing really is."

"Me neither... She and I used to be good friends when we were kids. But now I'm just happy that LiYing at least didn't manage to do any damage to you, not like she did to me a long time ago."

"The fact that she almost destroyed your life years ago is not to be forgotten, son. Your mother saved you from LiYing, and that's what I want to do. However, I will do much more. ... I promise she will get her punishment from me for what she did to you long ago. I'm here by your side this time, and I want you to know that you can count on me, just like you used to count on your mother." said Mr. Wang confidently.

Yibo smiled contentedly, then looked at his father.

Soon after Wenjun arrived, Mr. Wang and Yibo set off for the city.

--------------------------------

LiYing was in her apartment. The whole house was silent and dark. Only the street lamps filtering through the windows gave some light to the rooms. LiYing was sitting on the bed by the window of her room, looking out at the city.

 LiYing was sitting on the bed by the window of her room, looking out at the city

Next to her was only her phone. She was waiting for a friend to call her back. Everything she had stolen from Yibo's house lay crumpled on the floor around her bed. She was clutching just one drawing tightly in her hand as she looked out the window.

(It was a drawing of a merfolk with long black hair, turquoise fins, and blue eyes. His face was slightly blurred, but his bright turquoise eyes shone like a light in the endless deep blue darkness of the sea.)

"Get ready, my dear Yibo. I am preparing a big surprise for you." said LiYing with a faint, happy smile.

"And you ..." - LiYing looked at the paper in her hand. - "You will soon find out what monsters await you in the depths of the sea." said LiYing, then angrily tore the paper into pieces and scattered them in front of her.

Moments later, her cell phone started ringing. At that time, a devilish smile spread across LiYing's face. She took the mobile phone and answered the unknown number.

 She took the mobile phone and answered the unknown number

-----------------------------

Thank you for reading! I hope you liked it! 💙✨