CHAPTER 6

"They have refused to utter a word your Highness"...the chief investigator said,before bowing Infront of the king...

They were all gathered in front of the throne room,the large compound use to hold feast and general courts...

The king on his high seat,below him sat his wife on the right hand while the crown prince on the left..after them were the lords, wives and kids...

Infront of them stood the government officials,the red robes on the right and the blue robes on the left...

At their middle sat three individuals,tied to a wooden chair with a strong thick rope tied in knots...

Their bodies were bleeding,their hair scattered..they look too weak and it was clear as day they were starved and had undergo serious punishment through their investigation process...

Despite all the beatings non of them said a word..

And jungkook could really tell someone powerful was shutting them...who was it..he couldn't help but think...

"We all know silence in questioning is equal to admitting to a crime your majesty....it clear they did what they did for their own selfish interest..let them be punished and serve as an example to others my king"...the minister of tax said while bowing his head....

"Let them be punished"...another minister backed....

"Let them be punished,your majesty"...about 7 ministers chanted while bowing....

Jungkook studied the culprits,they were void of any emotion..they were ready to recieve what ever punishment came their way....

If they really did what they did for selfish Interest,it was sure they would be begging,cooking up stories but they were quiet...not because they want to..but because they were threatened...

Just like taehyung had explained,they are being shut up because the person in power must have something they want to hide....and from the look of things,jungkook could already tell who the person in power was...and from the research they made..he was damn sure it the minister of tax..

The one who just wants the court done and dusted..the one who desperately want them punished..the one who against the law recieve half harvest of grains as tax,store them without use...while the villagers suffers to eat properly...

And just like taehyung had said..he should be their backbone....to the weak who had no helper....he would be their backbone..

"My king,if you would permit me"...the prince suddenly said while standing on his feet..he bowed his head a little waiting for his request to be accepted...

The court looked at him weirdly, wondering what he has to say...

"Go ahead"...the king instructed...

"This case is kind of complicated and I would like to ask the chief investigator some questions"...

"Go ahead prince"..

On hearing that..he turned to face the chief investigator,who he could tell was nervous..

"How many bags of grains did you say were stolen?"....the prince asked,watched as the chief tried to steady his breath...

"100.."

According to the research he made with both hoseok and taehyung...the amount of bags stored were around 230...

"100"...he asked again..staring at the brown haired chief closely ..

To others,the look was normal...but to the person directed to..it murderous..

The chief investigator felt his chest constrict...a bead of sweat ran down his face...lying to the prince means digging grave...