forty-two.

(Y/n) yawned, stretching her arm as she walked over to Bakugo's room. She stood in front of his door for a half-second, pondering whether this early trip would be worth it or it Hatsume would end up killing all of them. Either way, (Y/n) didn't have much time to decide since Bakugo opened his door right as she was about to knock.

"Are you ready?" she tiredly asked.

He nodded, shoving his hands in his pockets once his door was closed and locked behind him. "Let's go see what that wack job has for you."

As they walked out of the dorm, only one thing came to (Y/n)'s mind that Hatsume could have possibly made for her: a new arm.

Sure, (Y/n) didn't particularly like losing her arm – it was quite a shocking adjustment – but that didn't mean she wasn't getting used to it. Of course, things would be a bit more difficult right now. It was a life change that happened incredibly abruptly and violently. But that didn't mean she wouldn't adjust.

"How'd you sleep?" Bakugo asked as they stepped outside the dorm, heading towards the school.

It was difficult at first. She wanted to tuck her hands under her pillow, her fingertips touching slightly as she buried her head against the cushion. When she went to do that, her arm just pressed against the side of the pillow, reminding her that she could never do that simple yet comforting gesture again.

She cried for a bit, longing for the little things that she'd realized she'd miss in the future. She eventually calmed herself down by reminding herself of all the good she can still do – it would just take some more adjusting. Everything required adjustment.

"I slept fine," she replied, looking up from the ground to him. "It's nice to be back."

(Y/n) knew that Bakugo didn't totally believe her response once he looked at her. Despite his simple statement of "good," she knew that what he really wanted to say was, "You're lying. Tell me the truth."

She was relieved that he didn't push.

"How'd you sleep?" she asked.

"It was good. I was tired after that long day." He looked ahead, continuing, "We're going to have to find that damn Deku sooner or later."

"After we find out what Hatsume made me, I can start looking through the city for him. I can use my sensing ability."

"Good idea. Also, don't act like you don't know what that mad scientist cooked up." He turned back to her, his expression hard. "You know exactly what she made."

"I know," (Y/n) sighed. "I just don't know that I'm ready for that yet."

"You just lost your arm and you're being given a new one," his expression softened ever so slightly, "it's expected that you're not ready."

She tilted her head as she looked at him. Bakugo's expression quickly turned to confusion. "Why are you looking at me like that? What's with the sudden goo-goo eyes?"

"I'm just so lucky to have you."

His cheeks instantly flushed. He took a hand out of his pocket, wrapping it around her waist as he pulled her close to him.

"You're saying crazy stuff cause you're delusional." He squeezed her side.

She knew exactly what he meant: "I'm lucky to have you, too."

"