thirty-three.

The kick did nothing.

Not a thing.

Buildings crumbled instantly, becoming dust the second the wave hit them. Uraraka yelled out to Midoriya, "That didn't stop it! It's not just some kinda shock wave!"

"Everything's crumbling to dust..." Asui added as they ran from the destruction.

That was when it hit Midoriya. "It's Shigaraki!"

Todoroki created a giant ice wall to try and buy them some time, even if it wasn't much. Burning screamed out to the crowd, "Run, people!"

(Y/n) quickly leaped off of a steppingstone to get underneath two cars and a minivan filled with people, creating a larger steppingstone under all of them. She ushered a couple more people onto the steppingstone before she raised it into the air.

She gripped the edge of the steppingstone, racing ahead with the others as she kept the vehicles and people on as well as she could. She just needed to get them far enough away to stop the wave of endless destruction.

She was flying the bystanders away from the destruction for what felt like hours, but was really only a few minutes. The wave of destruction finally stopped, revealing the complete disaster the city had become in front of them.

(Y/n) lowered the group to the ground, letting the steppingstone disappear. With a groan she fell to the ground, on her hands and knees as she tried to catch her breath.

That was probably the most I've put on a steppingstone before, she thought, getting back to her feet and dusting herself off. I can't get tired now, it's too early in the fight and it looks like we're not going to end this anytime soon.

"One for... what?!" Burnin loudly questioned into the earpiece. "Whatever! Help's coming your way!"

Oh crap.

Just as she stood up, finally catching her breath, Burnin and more of the Pros leapt away. Midoriya yelled out, "Burnin! Wait!"

"You kids evacuate with the remaining heroes!"

"Listen to the authorities!" another Pro stated. "We gotta get farther away!"

As the remaining heroes and students kept up with the evacuation, (Y/n) couldn't help but notice Midoriya's expression. She couldn't tell if he was straight petrified or if there was something else going through that racing mind of his.

She figured it out as soon as he started to run from the crowd. She heard Bakugo say, "If you told them, there's no denyin' that they'd hafta devote a lotta people just to protect you." Bakugo caught up to Midoriya. "Because heroes are supposed to protect everyone."

"Kacchan!"

(Y/n) spun around as they ran off, leaping into the air. The rest of the class immediately questioned, "Huh? Where are you going?"

"I... forgot something!" Midoriya responded. "I'll be right back!"

(Y/n) turned back to the group. Todoroki looked to her and then to Midoriya and Bakugo as they disappeared further into the city. She clenched her fists, a slight nod from Todoroki confirming what she knew she needed to do. Her hands began to glow a faint yellow.

"I'll go after them!" she announced, leaping into the air as a yellow glow enveloped her body and sent her into the air.

Whatever those two are doing, she thought as she maneuvered around various buildings, I hope it's damn worth it.