thirteen.

"He told us to stand back and watch, but..." Todoroki held onto his case as he slid along some ice he created.

"To watch, we have to keep up!" Midoriya stated as he jumped through the air using his quirk.

Bakugo did something similar, using his explosions to propel himself forward as he kicked his case so it wouldn't fall behind him. (Y/n) stood on one of her steppingstones, kneeling on it as she gripped the edge with one gloved hand while using the other to hold onto her case.

This wasn't what I thought would happen literally minutes after arriving, but I guess I can't complain too much, she thought as she quickly pulled her goggles over her eyes and pulled her hair back. This is exhilarating!

She could feel her adrenaline rush as Endeavor quickly disappeared into the distance, going ahead to whoever was causing all the destruction and terror ahead of them. Bakugo yelled to her as they moved past some bystanders, "Sense who's ahead, (Y/n)! Let's see what bozo decided to wreck this place today!"

"On it!" she replied with a slight smirk, her eyes glowing from under her goggles as she attempted to see the situation ahead.

But rather than find Endeavor and the villain, she found another sight that was a bit more... concerning.

She came to an abrupt stop, nearly flinging herself off of her steppingstone in the process. Bakugo noticed her stop, turning back as he asked with a bit of irritation lining his words, "What are you doing?! What's wrong?"

(Y/n) clenched her jaw, gesturing with her head as she announced, "Follow me! I saw something else we should deal with!"

Midoriya and Todoroki shared a look, Bakugo not hesitating for a second to follow her as she turned slightly and began to head down another path towards the destruction. She thought as she rounded a corner, nearly falling off a second time, I sure hope I'm right about this...

 She thought as she rounded a corner, nearly falling off a second time, I sure hope I'm right about this

"There!" (Y/n) dropped her case, leaping off of her steppingstone as she flipped through the air. "There are more of them waiting to get the drop on Endeavor!"

She was right—three more people holding weapons preparing for the villain and the incoming Number One hero. She bounced off another steppingstone, going for one of them after kicking off another—but she didn't get the chance to land a single strike before another force came in and stopped the fight.

"Oh! Trainees!"

"Is that Hawks?!" (Y/n) exclaimed as a couple feathers grabbed the three villains, throwing them aside and basically doing what the four students had intended to do.

Hawks's sudden appearance completely surprised the group, (Y/n) losing her focus from his arrival and beginning to fall back down to the sidewalk—not having enough time to create a steppingstone high or big enough to help with her fall.

She squeezed her eyes shut—but rather than meet the concrete face first, she felt a hand wrap around her waist and pull her off of the ground. She opened her eyes as she heard a pair of shoes skid against the concrete and come to a step.