twenty-two.

By the time lunch rolled around, it was clear that the rest of Class A was both invigorated and exhausted. The mixture of training and reviewing what they learned from their work-studies lead to a session that was both exhilarating and exhausting.

(Y/n) walked down the hallway towards the Support Department classrooms with the case holding her costume in tow. She passed by other students who were either as clean as any other or covered in soot, other liquids, and dusts she'd rather not discover. She could hear students still working on projects well into the lunch period, including the one she wanted.

She went to knock on the door, only for it to swing open from another student covered in soot with a goggles outline on their face. They mumbled something incoherent and walked past her, brushing themselves off as they walked away.

That does not give me any confidence, she thought as she looked inside the room.

Only a couple students remained back to work. Power-Loader had already taken off, leaving the remaining students to their work. Her eyes trailed over them, stopping as she spotted a certain pink-haired student.

"Hatsume!" (Y/n) said, walking into the classroom and letting the door close behind her. "I need to talk to you for a second."

She looked up from whatever she was working on, her face practically lighting up underneath. She threw her goggles up as she practically leapt from her cross-legged seat on the stool.

"Energy girl! I was hoping you'd come back!" Hatsume exclaimed, skipping over to (Y/n). "How'd the winter adjustments to your costume do? Have the general adjustments been working out for you?"

"They've been—"

"Do you need more adjustments? I'm just dying to try out some of my babies on that wonderful quirk of yours. It's so fascinating just how flexible your quirk is when it comes to your Hero Course stuff and on its own—"

"Hatsume," (Y/n) said, cutting off the spunky engineer, "I was hoping you'd help me out with something. Some support gear something."

Hatsume's expression was akin to a child walking into a surprise birthday party after a long day at school. She grabbed (Y/n)'s hands, covering them with soot and oil, and exclaimed, "I'd love to!"

"The supports in your back have been working out for you then?" Hatsume asked as she pulled up the top of (Y/n)'s costume, examining it with her goggles down as she spoke

"They have up until recently. I have a few ideas as to what I'd like to add or improve to my costu—"

"I've heard that you kept making trips to Recovery Girl for a while due to an injury in your hands," Hatsume stated, interrupting her. "I'll add some supports to your gloves, maybe even a little tracker for your energy output! Ooh, what about—"

"Hatsume," (Y/n) grabbed Hatsume's wrist as she started picking up the gloves, "my quirk doesn't really work like that. I don't have that much of a physical limit when it comes to using energy created my sunlight and moonlight. The only limit with using that type of energy is just how much light is around me at the time. The only physical limits I get are when I use my own energy and I'm pretty good at gauging when I'm at that limit."

Hatsume tilted her head slightly, pushing her goggles up onto her forehead. "So you just came in here for added supports to your back and gloves?"

"That's part of it." (Y/n) looked around the room quickly, checking that the other students weren't listening. They hadn't even been paying attention since she entered the room – they were too engrossed in their own projects to notice her. "My quirk has been evolving at a rapid rate and my physical limit is starting to shorten every time something happens. I need something that can maybe diverge my energy output, actively working with it rather than just monitoring it."

"Ah." Hatsume nodded. She turned back to the suit. "I knew you'd eventually come in for something like that. Come back tomorrow morning – I'll have your suit ready to go by the time first period starts."

(Y/n) laid on her bed that evening, staring up at her ceiling as she mentally ran through what she did that day

(Y/n) laid on her bed that evening, staring up at her ceiling as she mentally ran through what she did that day. Of course there were moments she wished she hadn't remembered quite so vividly – like when she managed to clock poor Kirishima in the back of the head with one of her steppingstones while working on her mobility during training. She felt so bad but he was very forgiving, as he usually is.

She sat up, looking down at her hands. She traced the scar on her palm with her other hand, her fingers lightly brushing over where she had been injured previously. She never really had the time to process all the injuries she sustained over her time at U.A.

Hell, she might've gotten hurt more during her time at U.A. High than she had during the rest of her life. It should've been expected at that point, but that doesn't mean she had to enjoy it.

(Y/n) looked over at the corkboard hanging above her desk. She rolled off of her bed, bouncing off one of her steppingstones as she landed back onto her feet and right behind her desk chair. She pulled the chair out and leaned over the desk, pulling off a couple of the pictures on the board.

She fell back into the chair, causing to roll back and lightly bang against the side of her bed. She fingered through the photos, each moment sending her back to that time as if she were simply remembering it from the rest of the day.

(Y/n) pulled three photos off of the wall. The first was a photo of her and her mother on her first day at U.A. (Y/n) was in her school uniform, ready to go for the day, while her mother had her arm wrapped over her shoulders and had the expression every proud parent made when their child was ready to leave for school. Sure, it wasn't an original thing, but it was special regardless.

The second photo was of her, Bakugo, Kirishima, and Kaminari on the bus to the summer training camp. She had just woken up from her nap and Bakugo hadn't woken up yet. Kaminari had the bright idea for the four of them to take a photo together – one that didn't include Bakugo fully awake. It was all fun and games until Bakugo woke up to Kaminari trying to get just a picture of him asleep.

The third and final photo was when she was in the hospital after she and Bakugo were rescued after they were kidnapped by the League. Sure, the memories of how she got there were certainly not fond ones, but the relief she felt after she was back with her friends and family was something she'd never forget. Kirishima had gone to see her in the hospital and it was (Y/n)'s suggestion that they take a picture together to try and lighten the mood. It was one of the first moments she truly felt safe again after everything that she and Bakugo had gone through.

"I hope this never ends."