twenty-four.

It wasn't until the next day that (Y/n) and Bakugo returned to the courtyard outside their dormitory. (Y/n) wore a black t-shirt with a pair of leggings and slip-ons, pulling on her winter gloves as the two walked out onto the grass. Bakugo wore his black t-shirt with the skull and a pair of sweatpants of his own, paired with gray sneakers. He had his hands stuffed into the pockets as he was just barely behind (Y/n) as they stepped outside.

"What's the plan here, (Y/n)?" he asked, stopping just a few feet away from the tree as she kept walking towards it. "You gonna try and move a stick or something like you did with Stupid Hair?"

"No, I think that'd be too easy." She shook her head. "It'd be like a pyrokinetic trying to light a candle despite having worked with larger amounts of fire previously."

"You aren't a pyrokinetic."

"Gee, I hadn't noticed."

He rolled his eyes. "What are you gonna work with then?" He widened his eyes slightly and took a step back from her. "You're not going to try this on me – I'll tell you that right now."

"What?" Her lips curled into a slight smirk. "Do you not trust me?"

His face remained in a slightly irritated glare. "Not particularly, as of this moment."

(Y/n)'s face fell, quickly looking back down at her gloves to adjust them as she hid her face. She bit her lip – she didn't mean to hurt him, but she wasn't going to get anywhere if she had to run every little thing past Bakugo before she did it. He was supposed to be there as support, not to hold her down.

"I was thinking one of the larger rocks sitting around the tree," she said, gesturing to them with her elbow. "It's not impossible but not as easy as moving a stick."

Bakugo walked over, picking up one of the rocks. He held it out in front of him as she finished adjusting her gloves.

"I just need you to hold it tightly, don't just hold it out to me like it's an offering," she instructed, finishing with her gloves. "Are you ready?"

"Shouldn't I be asking you that?"

(Y/n) let out a quiet chuckle. She held her hand out towards the rock, a blue outline beginning to envelop her hand. It shifted to green, beautifully and slowly – as if it were an aurora borealis. Then, even slower, the green began shifting to a yellow.

She let out a heavy breath through her nose, wiggling her fingers slightly and slowly as she felt the energy pulsing through her body and into her arm.

God, my shoe is digging into my heel, she thought as the back of her shoe has slipped off during her shift in stance. I'll just have to ignore it until I'm done here. I can't break this focus.

The pulsing energy didn't hurt, but the tingles began to overwhelm her arm and she began to lose feeling in it. She gripped her wrist with her other hand, struggling to keep it up.

Oh my god that freaking shoe...

"(Y/n), if it hurts then stop," Bakugo said, watching her change in position and expressions.

He wasn't sure if she ignored him or simply didn't hear him. She didn't respond as she kept going in the exercise, letting out a shaky breath as she readjusted her stance. Her legs wobbled and began to feel like jelly.

(Y/n) kept her eyes on the rock, a faint yellow glow beginning to envelop it. Bakugo looked down at it, feeling the weight begin to lift slightly off of him and slip from his grip. He could feel the difference in it already, even with the faintest glow of her power surrounding it.