eighteen.

(Y/n) readjusted her beanie as Midoriya bowed and thanked Fuyumi for the meal, quickly following up with her own thank you before she followed Bakugo towards the car. He stepped aside, letting her slide in first as he rested his hand on the small of her back.

He followed her in, leaning out of the car as he demanded, "Teach me the Sichuan mapo tofu recipe!"

"Sure!"

"I'll have her text it to me," Todoroki stated.

(Y/n) slid further into the car as Fuyumi and Midoriya wrapped up their interaction. Bakugo slid in after her, resting his hand on her thigh as she looked out the window.

"I'm going to train you guys up quickly," Endeavor stated as they rode along

"I'm going to train you guys up quickly," Endeavor stated as they rode along. "Going forward, in addition to weekends, you'll work two days a week if you can shift your schedules around."

"Last time, it was also like that for Uraraka, Kirishima, and the others," Todoroki stated.

"We've also got to prepare for finals," Midoriya added. "Todoroki, teach me some English."

"Sure." He nodded once.

Bakugo suddenly elbowed Midoriya in the face as he exclaimed, "If you're Number One, get your hands on a bigger car!"

"Katsuki!" (Y/n) exclaimed as she grabbed his arm, attempting to pull him back into the seat.

"Oh, so a free ride's not good enough for Mr. High Schooler!" the driver, Mr. Kurumada, shot back. "Endeavor! Since when do you bring brats like him along for the ride?!"

"Ever since I was put at the spot," Endeavor answered.

"Zounds! I guess success changes a man!"

Zounds?? I suppose that's one way to exclaim...

Mr. Kurumada exclaimed "Zounds!" a second time while jerking the car aside. Natsu, who was wrapped what appeared to be a large white bandage (of which reminded (Y/n) of Mr. Aizawa), was being flung through the air.

(Y/n) quickly stuck her head out the window as she watched the madness occur, Bakugo sticking his head out on top of hers. Mr. Kurumada yelled at the two, "Pull your heads back inside now!"

"Mr. Kurumada! The white lines on the road!" Midoriya stated as the lines pulled up from the ground as if they had a life of their own.

"Quit talking, you'll bite your tongue!"

Mr. Kurumada kept dodging the lines, ramming into the guardrail before spinning back onto the road again. Endeavor leapt out of the car and went straight for the villain – Ending.

As soon as Endeavor flew from the car, it was wrapped with the lines from the rode, pinned down and the doors held shut. Bakugo and (Y/n) shared a quick look with one another, a simple nod shared between them.

(Y/n)'s eyes began to glow as she pulled off her school jacket and rolled up the button-up's sleeves. Her right fist began to turn blue, energy flooding her fingers to her knuckles, her palm, and finally her forearm.

She wrapped her left arm over Bakugo's shoulder, gripping onto his jacket he wrapped an arm around her waist. She pulled back her right arm, balling her hand into a fist and let the energy build up. She finally let the energy go as she punched the door, sending it flying as it broke free from the white wrap.

Bakugo pushed off from the seat, using his quirk to propel the two towards the action as soon as they were outside the car. Midoriya and Todoroki followed quickly as Mr. Kurumada yelled, "Hey, you brats!"

As soon as they were at the midpoint between the car and the fight, Bakugo let go of (Y/n). She allowed her arm to return to it's natural state again and created a steppingstone to bounce off of. She leapt off the first and landed on a second, getting into a kneeling position as she held onto the edge of it.

"You forgot something!" Mr. Kurumada followed up, their suitcases flying from the car and into the air. Midoriya leapt up and caught them, throwing them down one at a time to the others.

(Y/n) caught hers and pulled out her gloves and her goggles. She initially let her goggles hang around her neck as she pulled her gloves on, but pulled them up as soon as they got to the fight.

"Natsuo!" Todoroki yelled, only for the four of them to get hit by the lines.

(Y/n) was thrown off of her steppingstone, causing it to disappear as she tumbled twice and got back onto her feet. She used her growing momentum to leap off the ground as soon as she was upright again and had most of her balance back.

She quickly switched into her Energy Form, her body glowing like the night sky and emitting an energy unmatched by most Pros. She could feel the lines wrap around her torso and her left arm. In response, she grabbed onto the one wrapping around her arm and tore it off, using both hands to grip onto the lines around her torso and blasting them to smithereens.

"Work study kids!" Ending screamed as they fought off his attacks. He leapt back and threw himself off balance. "Don't ruin my death!"

Endeavor went after him again as he further exclaimed, "Let's start again, Endeavor, my hope!"

Endeavor stopped as soon as Natsu was held in front of him, threatening him once again. But this didn't stop the work study kids as they ran on and into the fight once again.

"O flame of my hope!" Tears dripped down Ending's face. "Looks like one son's life isn't enough to keep you from being a hero!"

Todoroki burned away another attack, prompting Ending to take five cars and throw them into the air. He held Natsu in front of a speeding train, planning to end everything that he had been building up for.

Bakugo went after Natsu while Midoriya took care of three of the cars. (Y/n) could feel her quick beginning to weaken under the moonlight. She let out a groan as she lowered herself to the ground and took off in the direction Bakugo went to rescue Natsu.

A sharp pain suddenly went through her head, her vision blurred and she began to see colors in the ground that simply weren't there. She clapped her gloved hand over her mouth as she let out a muffled cry, surging pains coming from her back. It felt as if she were being stabbed over and over again as she fell to her knees and onto the ground.

A cold burst came through and her back felt colder, as if a wound had opened and the blood was dripped down and soaking her shirt. She bit her tongue and kept herself from revealing the pain she felt any more than she already had.

A buzz burst into the back of her head and her eyes lit up. She snapped her head around and towards the sky, throwing her head above herself as a yellow glow enveloped her hand. She bent her fingers into different positions, her blurred vision focusing as she realized that the two other cars that had been thrown into the air were now at a complete standstill – held in the air and enveloped with a yellow glow.