twenty-five.

(Y/n)'s leg bounced up and down as she sat in one of the chairs in Recovery Girl's office. She watched as Recovery Girl pressed her lips against Bakugo's forehead, healing him with her quirk.

Thankfully, his injuries weren't too severe. He had a few cuts and bruises from falling through the tree branches and breaking them in the process. The worst of it was his head injury, but even that wasn't a concussion. Just a bad bump on the head. Not that he'd be aware of that since he was still unconscious.

"It could've been a whole lot worse," Recovery Girl stated as soon as she was finished with him. She turned to (Y/n), resting her hands on her cane as she faced the student. "If he managed to hit the ground, his injuries would've been a whole lot worse. He could've broken a bone or gotten a concussion."

"That's a relief." (Y/n) rubbed her hands against her face, wiping away the sweat dripping down her forehead and cheeks.

"It does make me wonder," she began, "what was he doing up in that tree?"

(Y/n) froze. She wasn't sure where to start or even how much to explain.

If she told the truth, then she'd have to give up everything she'd been keeping to herself and explain how extensive the reach of her quirk really was.

If she lied, then she could keep her secret for a bit longer. But there was always the chance that the truth would come to light and that would cause even more problems than if she just told the truth right then and there. At least with lying, she'd have a bit more time to come up with her explanation.

"I—" (Y/n) was cut off as the door to Recovery Girl's office opened. In the doorway stood Mr. Aizawa with Kirishima close behind him.

"Ah, I was wondering when you'd return," Recovery Girl said, stepping away from (Y/n) and Bakugo and back to her desk. "He should be back to the way he was before this incident within the next two days. You should wait until he's awake again to take him back to the dorms, though."

(Y/n) swallowed the lump in her throat as Mr. Aizawa walked into the room, the door closing slowly behind him and Kirishima. Kirishima walked over, looking over Bakugo before sitting in the chair next to her.

"Are you alright, (Y/n)?" he asked, patting her arm and his face full of worry.

She knew he didn't mean physically as she was completely unharmed – she wasn't the one who climbed up into a tree. What he meant was how she screamed for someone to come outside to help as soon as Bakugo was back on the ground.

There were still dried blood splotches on her gloves from when she was checking over him and found his bleeding head wound. She picked at them, soon getting pieces under her nails. Her hands themselves were spotless, though she felt that they weren't.

Iida and Yaoyorozu were the first to come outside with Kirishima close behind them. Iida ran back to go get Mr. Aizawa while the others were tending to Bakugo to make sure he didn't have any serious injuries.

(Y/n) didn't explain much at the time, but it was clear that Kirishima had a good idea of what went on.

"(L/n)," Mr. Aizawa said, looking down at her as he remained standing. "Come out into the hallway now."

(Y/n) silently nodded, standing from her chair as she followed him back outside of Recovery Girl's room. She stood in front of him, letting the door close behind her as she remained staring at the ground.

"What were you and Bakugo doing that required one of you to climb a tree?" he asked in his usual deep and nerve-wracking tone.

"I... We were outside messing around. I fell over and accidentally flung my shoe into the tree," she replied, looking up at him as she spoke. "Bakugo climbed up to grab it since I was laughing too hard to safely go after it. But he fell. I caught him using a steppingstone before he could hit the ground."

(Y/n) hoped that her lie would be sufficient. She hadn't gotten in big trouble with the school while being there except for one time – even then she wasn't in as deep of trouble as Bakugo and Midoriya were. She hadn't given Mr. Aizawa a reason not to trust her.

"Then why do you have your costume gloves?"

(Y/n) froze and looked down at her hands. She hadn't even realized that she'd brought the gloves outside with her and had been wringing them with her rising nerves. She tried to hide her shock and anxiety but she knew that he'd just see through that lie too.

"(L/n), I need you to tell me the truth right now. If not, I'll just have to talk to Bakugo as well," Mr. Aizawa stated, crossing his arms across his chest. "You can either explain now or get in even more trouble later."

(Y/n) only saw one true option: to tell the truth.

So she did.

She told Mr. Aizawa everything. From her first time in the Energy State to her encounters with Riki, or her Great Uncle Shigeo.

How her quirk acted as a recessive trait that continues to evolve and build with every user within her family. She explained her growing power and how she'd been trying to use it without hurting herself or others.

She told Mr. Aizawa about what she and Bakugo had been doing out in the courtyard. How it was her fault that he went up into that tree – how he was even out there in the first place. She told him about how she finally learned how to control this new ability without it threatening her health.

"I should've been more honest a lot earlier, but it's so much to explain. It's... It's overwhelming just to think about," she finished, loosening her grip on her gloves slightly. "I'm truly sorry that it had to come out this way, I really am. I hate that something that should've been done in a training facility with supervision ended up hurting someone I care about."

"Yeah, that wasn't your smartest moment, (L/n)." Mr. Aizawa uncrossed his arms and let out a tired sigh. She wasn't sure if he was tired from everything she caused or just because that just seems to be a constant state from him. "Your quirk sounds very complex... and powerful."

"You don't know the half of it." (Y/n) looked back towards the room. "Whatever you decide to do, please don't punish Bakugo. It was all me and he was just roped into this. He didn't even want me to try working with this new ability."

"I wasn't going to punish Bakugo. He's already gotten enough punishment from the looks of it." Mr. Aizawa rubbed his face, pressing his fingers against his closed eyes. "But for you – I'm putting you on probation. Try this again and you will be punished. From now on, if you want to work with this new ability of yours or any of them, you talk to me and we can work some kind of training schedule out.

"It's better that you work with me rather than alone or roping one of your classmates into it."

(Y/n) let out the breath she had been holding. "Thank you, sir. This won't happen again."

"It better not." He turned towards the door, stopping before he could open it. "I'm assuming you want this kept between us and Bakugo, so I won't say anything to the other instructors for now. But if this happens again, I will."

"Thank you, sir."