twenty-nine.

It was perfect.

Power-Loader was spot on as to what (Y/n) needed to keep her extremely updated new costume on-brand. She'd taken off her gloves, feeling the tough yet soft fabric between her fingertips. The shade of blue was a perfect median between dark and light, slightly shimmering in the light. She couldn't even imagine what it'd look like once she wore it outside.

"Since it's tungsten-reinforced, it'll be able to handle extremely high temperatures," Power-Loader explained. "While preparing the fabric, I adjusted the texture slightly so it was a bit softer to the touch – something I think both you and whoever holds onto you will appreciate."

"I haven't even tried it on yet and I'm extremely appreciative for it already," she laughed incredulously.

(Y/n) threw it on – the blue haori contrasting with her dark costume perfectly. She turned towards the nearby mirror, adjusting the fit on it as she looked at her reflection. The sleeves hung low from her mid-forearms, flowing in the slight breeze the air conditioning created inside the classroom.

"I added almost totally weightless magnets part of the haori sleeves and the back so it wouldn't fall off or get pulled off as easily," he added. "It won't stick to you like hair once rubbed on by a balloon, but it won't just fall off in the middle of a fight."

"It's perfect," (Y/n) stated, grabbing her gloves and putting them back on to (nearly) complete the look. She turned back to Power-Loader and Hatsume, a massive smile erupting across her face. "Thank you so much. This is absolutely incredible – it's a game-changer in the easiest of terms. How can I ever repay you?"

Hatsume piped up from her seat: "Payment would be—"

"Just do your job. Do it well," Power-Loader responded, instantly silencing Hatsume before she could complete her own response.

(Y/n) nodded. "I will."

(Y/n) threw the case onto her bed, plopping down next to it as she fell back against the comforter

(Y/n) threw the case onto her bed, plopping down next to it as she fell back against the comforter. She let out a sigh as she stared up at the ceiling.

Tomorrow, her class was going to be showing off more of what they learned during their work-studies. This was definitely the time to show off what she'd learned during her time with Endeavor and put her new costume into action for the first time.

She pulled her hand out from underneath the pillow she'd buried it under, holding her palm out in front of her face. There was still a faint scar running along her palm, one she traced with her fingertips. She turned her other hand over, letting out a sigh as she switched between the matching scars.

Things had to start working out, otherwise this was going to get a lot more complicated than it already was.

(Y/n) had so many regrets from this past year, she just didn't want her latest ones to be the worst of them. She let one arm fall back on her head, the back of her forearm resting against her face.

She was so entangled in her own thoughts that she jumped when she heard a knock at her door. I didn't even sense them originally, she thought, snapping into an upright position.

Her eyes lit up into a glowing shade of light blue, immediately returning back to their normal (e/c) color as soon as she spotted who was behind her door. She called out to them, "It's open!"

Bakugo opened the door, stepping into her room. He closed the door behind him as soon as he did, walking over to stand in front of her bed.

"Is there a reason you brought your costume into your dorm?" he questioned, his hands deep into his pockets. "It isn't to practice poses... is it?"

(Y/n) snorted. "No," she shook her head, "it's not."

She stood up from her seat, Bakugo promptly taking it, and turned the case around so she could unlock it. She opened it, turning it towards him to reveal the brand-new costume inside.

His eyes widened slightly. "Woah. I thought you said that you were just getting some upgrades."

"Well... apparently Mei Hatsume ended up overhearing what I told Mr. Aizawa in the hallway while trying to get me to try on the upgrades she'd made. This inspired her enough for her to create a whole new costume with advanced upgrades for me." (Y/n) rested her hands on her hips, shaking her head slightly as she looked down at it. "I don't even know where to start with it. It's just... incredible. It really is..." Her voice trailed off as she looked up from the case to Bakugo.

As his head was turned towards the case, she could see the slightest tint on the back of his neck at the bottom of his hairline. She furrowed her brows as she saw it, reaching over to push up his blonde spikes to get a better look at it.

He froze as soon as he felt her touch. "What are you doing?" he questioned as she kept at it, stepping around as she kept looking.

"We match," she simply replied.

On the back of his neck, at the bottom of his hairline and hidden by the rest of his hair, was a long scar. She reached back with one hair, pressing her fingers against her own scar.

It'd been so long since she thought about it – she'd almost forgot that it was there.

"What are you—" He was cut off as she wrapped him in a hug from behind, pressing herself against him tightly. His tone softening to a near whisper as he asked, "What's wrong, (Y/n)?"

"I caused that scar. I did something stupid and pulled you into it." She pressed a light kiss to the scar, muttering against his neck, "I'm so sorry, Katsuki."

Bakugo froze for a moment, eventually letting out a sigh as he pulled himself away from her. He took her face in his hands, rubbing her cheek with his thumb.

"This means we're even now." He pulled her into a kiss.