thirty-one.

(Y/n) once again sat in between Bakugo and Midoriya in the nap room, All Might sitting across from the three of them. Bakugo leaned against the arm of the couch, looking off as All Might addressed Midoriya, "Congrats on getting Blackwhip under control."

Midoriya bowed his head. "Thank you very much."

All Might turned to Bakugo. "Young Bakugo, you, too. I feel like there's no limit to how far you'll go."

"What the hell?" he snapped.

He finally turned to (Y/n) and said to her, "Congratulations to you as well, (L/n). Another branch of your quirk has been extended and controlled. Well done."

"Thank you." (Y/n) couldn't hide the smile on her face.

As All Might presented the notebook filled with notes about One for All, (Y/n) felt something touch her right thigh. She peeked down, finding that Bakugo rested his free hand against her thigh, just above her knee.

His hand was warm and calloused, slightly sweaty but not uncomfortably so. It was such a simple yet comforting move – and she knew exactly what he was saying without words.

She loved it.

Bakugo eventually picked up the notebook, reading through the information regarding the previous user of Blackwhip. (Y/n) looked over his shoulder as he did so, following the words written as he read them aloud. He noted that the previous users all had relatively weak quirks.

All Might discussed the process through which One for All was passed and All for One's need for the quirk. Bakugo dropped the open notebook back onto the table.

"No wonder," he said as the notebook flopped onto the table. "They all died young."

Midoriya let out a soft gasp as he looked back at the information in the notebook. All Might solemnly replied, "Yeah... you're right."

"Okay..." (Y/n) quietly began, leaning back against the couch as she spoke. "What is Izuku going to learn next?"

"The next one to learn is Float." The three students all gasped. "My master's Quirk."

After a slight silent pause, Bakugo exclaimed, "I won!" He laughed at his apparent victory. "I can float with explosions! You're gonna waste time learning something I can already do! During that time, I'll polish my skills even more at the work study! In other words, I'll get ahead of you! Q.E.D.!"

"Th-That's bad," Midoriya replied with wide eyes. "I'll learn it fast and catch up right away."

"You'll probably just panic again and let it go out of control and di—" (Y/n) clapped her hand over Bakugo's mouth, cutting him off as much as she could.

"You'll be fine, Izuku," she said, Bakugo practically screaming against her palm. "Uraraka and I could probably help you out with that one, seeing as we don't use explosions to send us flying into the air – and there's a difference between floating and catapulting yourself into the air." She aimed that last remark at Bakugo, turning back towards him as she did so.

He pulled her hand from his mouth, the three of them beginning to spark in the heated conversation. It wasn't so much an argument, but the volume they were all speaking at would certainly make it seem like one.

(Y/n) wouldn't trade anything in the world for it.