Book 2 chapter 5 😋♾️

"Eh? I never know what anyone is talking about." Y/n pouted and sighed, cutely tilting her head to the side as the boys all awed at her cute pose and sweet voice which had become a rarity since she was always hitting people with pots and pans.

"Dude, y/n...You've never heard of Spelldrive?!" Ace was the first one to snap out

"It's a world-famous sport! There's even a pro league and a world championship tournament." Deuce continued for his friend.

"I ain't never heard of this either!" Grim cut in looking horribly confused as always.

" Spelldrive is a sport played by competing teams of seven people.
Basically, players battle for control of a disc and earn points by drivin' it into the enemy team's goal.
The team with the most points wins!"

Ace practically sparkled as he explained the rules, his eyes holding a shine of desire to play.

"Hn, That sounds like that game I read from a book, football!?" Y/n pipped up with a smile at her own recognition

"  Football...? Say what?" Deuce blinked

"Hm. I've not heard of such a game, but I'll look it up the next time I'm at the library.
Perhaps it will yield some sort of clue."

Crowley scratched his clean shaved chin and looked in thought for a moment but stoped before he could use his brain too much cause that was 'hard' work.

" If you're interested, we could go check out the school's Spelldrive league sometime." Deuce offered

"Oh, man, I just realized that y/n would have a hard time actually playing."

Ace gestured to her bundles of hair which were platted so they didn't drag on the ground and collect dust and grime.

"Yeah? Why's that?" Grim asked, ignorant.

"You need magic to play.
Not only do you move the disc with magic, but you use it to attack and defend, too."

Deuce answered for ace, also not getting the hint to her hair.

"Though I meant y/ns hair, this also works!. The flashier the magic, the better—it's how players show off their skills!" Ace laughed it off

"Yes, quite!
That is why Night Raven College is known throughout the world as a leader in the sport!
This school has produced countless pro players!
That's why our interdorm Spelldrive tournaments attract attention even from pro league recruiters.
Also, those simply looking for up-and-coming magicians use the event to scout hopeful candidates.
Yes, the tournament is quite an affair.
The campus will be full of visitors and lined with various kiosks.
And the main event will be captured by television cameras and broadcast worldwide."

Y/n blinked a couple times as Crowley spoke in one straight paragraph, her brain still in processing mode.

Crowley liked to do that, speak in long paragraphs instead of breaking it down.
She sweatdropped.

"Television cameras?!" She asked

"It's broadcast throughout the world?!
So you're sayin' that if I were to play in this tournament—and win of course—the whole world would see it?!"

Grim jumped up with a wide grin on his cat face

"Of course! Players who excel at the tournament invariably attract great attention.
Both from the pro leagues and the public at large!"

Crowley unknowingly (or perhaps knowingly) fed into Grims want for fame.

"In your case, the magic would barely even matter. Just having a monster like you out there is sure to turn heads." Deuce chuckled

"It's settled, then! I'm gonna train around the clock, join a team, and become a legend!" Grim cheered as y/n clapped with a light laugh

"Alas, Grim, you cannot enter."
And the mood dropped instantly.

"  ...Wait, what?"

" Did you not hear me speak the word "interdorm" multiple times?
Your dorm doesn't even have seven members. Therefore, you cannot enter the tournament." Crowley scolded the monster.

"Whaaaaaat?! No faaaaair!" Grims ears flopped in disappointment

"But there's plenty else to do, from tending to the grounds to selling drinks in the stands!
Those who stand upon the field are not the only stars of tournament day."

Crowley sweatdropped, feeling slightly bad for killing Grims spirit.

"Not. Interested!
I wanna be on TV! I want everyone in the world fawning over me! "Squeee! Grim is sooooo cool!"
"Did you see that play Grim made?" You get what I'm sayin'?"

Grim complained like a child, stoping his paws on the ground and his ears steamed.

"Your delusions are oddly specific, dude." Ace scoffed, crossing his arms and looking over to y/n who was listening intently

"Well, if you can't field a team, I'm afraid that's that.
Maybe next year, Ramshackle House will get some new members. But it's not happening this year." Deuce tried to comfort the raccoon cat.

" Anyway, as I believe I've mentioned, I'm a busy man. I must be off." Crowley excused himself, standing up from his chair.

"Yeah, thanks for takin' me outta your busy day to build up my dreams and crush 'em! Myaaah! *sob*"

grim sulked as y/n patted his head and held up a pan threateningly at Crowley who gaped at how y/n judge summoned a pan because he swore he didn't see one before

———————-
869 words