🌟 ¢hคptēr 10 🌟

"Wow, so this is Main Street, huh? This is incredible!
I didn't get to see it much yesterday. What's the deal with these seven statues? All their faces look pretty scary.
Like, this lady here looks like she's got some reeeal anger management issues." Grim spoke, pointing at a statue

"You don't know the Queen of Hearts?" A voice spoke from behind them, scarring y/n in the process.

Y/n quickly dived behind a statue, holding her frying pan close to her.
He could be a cannabal for all she knows.

"Queen of Hearts? Is she some kinda big deal?" Grim questioned

"She was a queen who lived in a mazelike garden of roses long, long ago.
She was a strict woman who prized order above all. She wouldn't tolerate a rose being off-color, or her playing-card soldiers being out of step.
She basically ruled over a kingdom of madness, but not one of her subjects dared to defy her.
You wanna know why? Because the punishment for breaking a rule was immediate decapitation!"

Ace explained, looking slightly happy to show off his knowledge.

"Wah! That is seriously messed up!" Grim spoke shaking his head.

"Pretty cool, right? I'm a big fan.
I mean, who would bother to obey a queen that was kind all the time?" Ace spoke, unbothered by grim's comment.

"Yeah, true. A leader needs to be strong.
But puttin' that aside... Who're you, now?" Grim questioned before realising his henchman wasn't with him anymore.

"Name's Ace. I'm a first year student here, as of... today! Pleased to meetcha!" Ace spoke.

"I'm Grim! I'm a prodigy whos plannin' to be, like, the greatest mage who ever lived.
And my henchman has gone off hiding... y/n that's her name."

"Y/n? Huh. Name's got an odd ring to it." Ace spoke.

"So tell me, Ace. Is that lion with a scare in the eye a famous ruler too?" Grim shrugged his henchman's disappearance off and instead, pointed at another statue.

"Of course!
That's the King of Beasts who ruled the savanna.
But he wasn't born into the throne - he had to earn it through hard work and elaborate schemes.
When he became king, he decreed that the hyenas would be pariahs no more, and should live among his subjects as equals."
Ace spoke, explaining about the statue.

"Sounds like a great guy! Not everyone's able to look past social status like that.
Who's the lady with the octopus legs?" Grim questioned again

"The Sea Witch who lived in an underwater grotto.
She basically devoted her life to helping troubled merfolk.
If they were willing to pay the price, she'd help them change their appearance, find love, whatever!
They say she was so good, there was no wish she couldn't grant. They also say the price was a tad steep, though.
But she was granting wishes! Of course it was!" Ace explained again.

"Myaha! So you're sayin' that once I'm a great mage, gettin' rich off folks will be a total cinch?!
Oh, oh! Do the dude with the big hat next!" Grim spoke, thinking of the amount of tuna he could buy once he became a powerful wizard

" That's the Sorcerer of the Sands.
He was an advisor to a total dolt of a sultan. He was a smart guy. Really capable sort.
He exposed this swindler once - some guy pretending to be a prince in order to trick the princess!
After that, he got this magic lamp and became the greatest sorcerer in the world. Then, they say...
... he used that power to become sultan himself!"
Ace said.

"Wow! Guess it's true that a mage needs to be an excellent judge of character, huh?
And what about this beauty over here?" Grim spoke

"She's a queen who was said to be the fairest in all the land.
In fact, she used her magic mirror to check how she ranked on a daily basis!
When it looked like her position was threatened, they say she'd do whatever it took to keep it.
Can you even imagine the level of dedication it would require to keep a record like that?
Also, they say she was a master of making poisons!"

Ace continued to explain to the talking cat.

"Geez. She's pretty, but that sounds kinda scary." Grim spoke to ace.

"You think so? I gotta respect the hustle!" Ace answered back

"F-for sure... Sounds like she fought hard for what she believed in, and never gave up!
And the one there, with the flaming head? Now THAT guy looks scary!" Grim pointed to the statue next to the one y/n was hiding behind.

"That's the King of the underworld!
Single-handedly ruling a kingdom packed with rambunctious spirits - that takes competence!
He may look scary, but he was a straight shooter who worked tirelessly at a tough job he never even asked for.
I mean, this is the guy who was ordering Cerberus, the Hydra, and the Titans into battle for him."

"Hmm. That IS something. T'think he could have that much power and not let it go to his head!
And that last one there, with the horns?" Grim pointed to the statue y/n was hidden behind.

"That's the Thorn Fairy who lived on a mythical mountain.
She was noble and elegant, and a master of magic and curses - even by the standards of these seven!
She commanded storms, covered the kingdom with thorns... She could use magic on a massive scale!
She could even turn herself into a giant dragon."

Ace answered, squinting suspiciously at the foot that was sticking out from behind the statue

" Ooh. a dragon! What all monsters yearn to be!" Grim spoke enthusiastically, also spotting the foot that was sticking out.

"Pretty cool, huh?
Not like some piddling weasel." Ace teased the cat

"Weasel?! He's a cat!" Y/n grumbled from behind the statue, Grim even said 'Meow' that meant he was a CAT not a WEASEL!

————-
Words this chapter: 1005