🌀 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟦 🌀 (¯'·.¸¸.-> °º

"Off With Your Head!" Riddle spoke

"MYAH?! What are you doing?!" Grim yelled out once the collar was on his neck

"The Queen of Heart's Rule 23: "One must never bring a cat to a formal affair."
Your very presence here is a violation of order. You will vacate these premises immediately." Riddle spoke

"But I ain't a cat either!
Don't try to collar me! I'll burn it right off! Huh...? Wh-what gives? My fire ain't workin'!" Grim panicked

"Until I deign to remove that collar, you won't be using any magic. You're naught but a pet cat now." Riddle spoke again

"M-meoWHAT?! I ain't nobody's pet-NOTHING!" Grim yelled out

"Oh, you've nothing to worry about there. I certainly have no interest in having you as a pet.
The collar will disappear once you're removed from campus." Riddle spoke, disgusted by the cats lack of manners.

"Ha-HA! Good show as always, Riddle. You're signature spell locks down any magic. It's quite handy.
I've just GOT to have it—ah, I mean, I've just got to have respect for it." Azul spoke and that was when y/n deemed him untrustworthy

"Y/n! Was I not clear that you are expected to take responsibility for your familiar?
Now discipline your—AH! YOUR A GIRL?!"

"Ehhh!? But I just got him? How am I supposed to train my talking cat within the span of a day...?" She pouted as she spoke, ignoring the fact that Crowley didn't know she was a female.

"Oh...Is that so? Well I'm afraid you can't keep him.
*Ahem* Then I shall have it expelled from campus. I shall even spare it from being served as dinner.
My, but I AM kind. ...Someone take this away, please." Crowley spoke

"Nooooo! Let me gooooo!
You fools better remember my name!
Cause I'm gonna go down in the annals of magic history! Just you wait!" Grim yelled as he was dragged away.

"Aww, and I thought I could have a new buddy like pascal.." y/n spoke sadly.

"Well, that was quite the unexpected fracas. I hereby declare that orientation has concluded.
Housewardens, please escort your students back to the dorms.
...Hm? Come to think of it, I don't see Housewarden Draconia of House Diasomnia anywhere." Crowley spoke looking around.

"And that surprises you? Dude's a total recluse." The guy with cat ears spoke.

"Wait a sec... Did anyone even invite him?" The boy with red eyes spoke.

"If you're that worried about him missing out, maybe you should have told him yourself." The guy with purple hair tips spoke, slightly turning his head to the long haired girl and taking in her appearance.

"Maybe, but I don't know him too well either..." the boy with red eyes spoke up.

"Draconia... Like, Malleus Draconia? THAT Draconia?" Someone from the crowd spoke

"So it's true? He really does go to school here?" Another person spoke

" Yikes." A different guy from the crowd spoke.

"Ah. Just as I'd expected.
I figured I'd come down and see for myself whether Malleus had made an appearance.
But once again, he was evidently not informed that his presence was required at an official ceremony." Lilia said as he looked around for the said malleus.

"You have my sincerest apologies. I assure you, this oversight was in no way intended as a snub." Azul spoke, not at all sorry.

"I mean, you must admit, he's not exactly the easiest person to strike up a conversation with." Riddle answered back

"No matter. All who were assigned to House Diasomnia, follow me. I just hope he doesn't sulk about this." Lilia spoke sadly.

"Well, y/n. This is a most unfortunate turn of events.
I'm afraid that you will not be attending Night Raven Collage after all.
Surely you realize that I cannot very well admit a student with no magical ability to my academy.
But worry not. The Dark Mirror will see you safely home.
Now, step into the gate, and visualize the place you whence you came."
Crowley said, gesturing towards the mirror.

"What a weird dream, this is..." y/n spoke with a yawn.

"O Dark Mirror! Return this soul to where it belongs!"

"......"

"Ahem* L-let us, er...try this again. O Dark Mirror! Return this soul—

"There is no such place." The mirror answered

"What?" Crowley spoke, shocked

"There is no place in this world where this soul belongs.
None." The dark mirror continued.

"How can that be? My, but today is a veritable cavalcade of impossible phenomena!"

"  ......"

" This has never happended throughout my long tenure. I must confess that I am at something of a loss.
Tell me: From what land do you hail?"

Thinking long and hard about it, y/n realised she knew nothing about where she came from.

"Hmm... I don't know... I grew up in a tower, but I have never EVER stepped foot outside that tower..." she answered

"What a tricky situation... say, you have NEVER stepped foot outside that tower?" Crowley questioned, slightly disturbed

"Yea? Not once, I still have yet to feel what grass feels like" she answered, looking down at her bare feet, causing Crowley to also look down at her feet and gasp disapprovingly.

"Where are your shoes!?"

"Mother Gothel said I didn't need shoes..." she answered, confused

"Sigh* let's go look up your tower in the library.." Crowley spoke, caving in.

"Are you sure your not a cannabal?" Y/n suddenly spoke causing Crowley to sputter all over again

———
Words this chapter: 926