ミ★ Chapter 2 ★彡

Jumping out of the box, y/n sprinted down the hallways, her bear feet slapping the ground every time she took a step.

Turning a corner, she ran into a library and immediately she gasped in delight.

"Woah! This place is so cool~"

And with that she started to climb the shelf's grabbing the books she deemed 'interesting'

Though a couple seconds later the talking weasel ran into the library behind her.

"Foolish human! Did you really think you could slip away from ME?"

"Now, unless you wanna get burned to a crisp, take off that—

Me-YEOW! That hurt! What gives?"

As soon as y/n heard Grim screech "meyeow" she immediately changed her perspective on him.

'Eeeek he's a cat!!!!!' Imaginary hearts surrounded her as she stared at the tied up cat.

"Consider it tough love." A man wearing a bird mask stated.

"Ah, I've found you at last. Splendid. I trust you're one of this year's new students?"
He then turned to her as he talked, only to reel back, completely flabbergasted by the amount of hair that was in the library.

He coughed to himself to make it look like he was unbothered then he turned to the cat.

"My, were you ever eager to make your debut.
And bringing a poorly trained familiar with you? That is a clear violation of the school's rules."

"As if I'd serve some lowly human! Now lemme go!" The talking cat yelled, kicking his legs everywhere.

"Yes, yes. Rebellious familiars always say that. Do be quiet for a bit, won't you?"
The bird masked man spoke

"Mmmrph!"

As the two argued, y/n just kept her pile of books growing, picking tones of books from the shelf, also trying to stay away from the man.

She didn't know whether he had pointed teeth or was a cannibal... 'trust no one' she told herself.

"Dear me. Of all the students I've dealt with, you're the first with temerity enough to open their own gate and step out of it.
Does the very notion of patience elude you?
No matter. Your orientation has already begun. Let us return to the Mirror Chamber."

And with that he yanked y/n by the arm and dragged her off, causing her to drop her humungous pile of books and drag her hair along the ground.

"Eh?! Student....?" Y/n questioned looking at the bird man with wide sparkling eyes, completely forgetting that he could be a cannabal.

"You awakened in a room full of gates, did you not?
All of the students here at the campus arrived by passing through such gates.
Although typically the students have restraint enough to wait until I open them before waking up."

"Ohhh, So those boxes are like...gateways?" She questioned

"Coffins, The design is intended to symbolize a parting with your former world, and a rebirth into a new one."

"Ah! I think something blew the lid off mine..." she spoke, silently blaming the talking cat.

"The culprit appears to be that familiar of yours.
You're the one who insisted on bringing it, so curtailing its behavior is your responsibility!"

'Wait... so that cute cat is mine? Yay!!!!' She thought to herself, now slightly missing pascal.

"But now is not the time for such prattle.
You've a student orientation to attend!
Go on, now. Make haste."

"Wait! Who are you...?" She question when she went back to being cautious.

"Hm? Have you not fully regained consciousness?
The timespace teleportation must have addled your memories...
Well, these things happen, I suppose.
I shall explain it to you while we walk. Truly, my magnanimity is boundless."

*Ahem*

"This is Night Raven College.
It is an institution for students all over the world who demonstrate a rare aptitude for magic.
It is the most prestigious academy of its sort in all of Twisted Wonderland.
And I am Dire Crowley. Having been entrusted with its care by the chairman, I serve as headmage."

"Oooh like those villains in books, they all start of in some sort of school, being bullied..." she started speaking to herself

"Only those who the Dark Mirror perceives as having a talent for magic are admitted to the college.
Those who are selected are summoned to the campus through those "gates," which can appear anywhere.
A black carriage bearing one such gate should have come to meet you."

Crowley continued

"Eh? Not at all... I don't remember any horsey's"
She pouted at the thought that she could have pet a horse for the first time in her life.

"That black carriage serves to receive a student chosen by the Dark Mirror.
It too bears a gate that connects to this campus.
And as you know, sending a carriage to meet someone on a special day is a time-honored tradition."

"Eh? This carriage brought me here? How did it climb the tower...." Question marks appeared all over her head as her brain short circuited.

'Did it just fly up the tower? Or maybe it can teleport..? Maybe I can teleport!?'

"Mmfff! Mmmmmmfff!" The talking cat kept struggling against its bindings.

"Now, let us attend to your orientation." Crowley spoke.

"Wait! Hold up! Your not a cannibal are you?" She questioned innocently, causing Crowley to sputter in horror of the accusation.

————
Words this chapter: 887