Dream a Little Dream

I was in the OR with Callie. A pager beeped.

"Dr Montgomery-Sloan. It's Dr Montgomery. She says Emily's gone into labor," The nurse said.

"Riley, go scrub in. You're now assisting," Callie said. "Go Sage," Callie said. I left and scrubbed out before running upstairs. When I got upstairs Emily was screaming at Alex while Addison was trying to coax her to push. She turned to me.

"Where the fuck have you been?" Emily yelled.

"Emily, I know it hurts but you need to push," Addison said.

"It hurts Sage," Emily cried.

"I know Em. Just one more push and it'll all be over," I said.

"I don't want to," Emily said. "I'm tired,"

"It hurts like a bitch okay but it will all be worth it when you get to see baby nugget," Alex said.

"Why the fuck did both of you not talk me into an epidural?" Emily yelled.

"Em, I need you to push for me now," Addison said.

"No," Emily said. Alex and I both gave her our hands.

"Come on Em. Just one more big push and it'll be done," I said.

"I want ice cream," Emily said.

"We'll get you ice cream," I said. "But you need to push,"

"Fine. Needy fuck," Emily said. I smiled.

"Ready?" I asked. Emily started groaning.

"That's it keep going. We've got a head," Addison said. "Take a breath,"

"Does it look like my father?" Emily asked as I pushed hair out of her face.

"Your baby definitely has the Sloan nose," Addison said.

"I can live with that," Emily said.

"Are you ready to push again? Give me one good push and we should be done," Addison said. Emily started pushing. All of a sudden we heard crying. "There we go. You are now the mother of a very beautiful baby boy," Mine and Alex's pagers went off.

"You guys should get back to work," Emily said.

"I'll come bring you take out," Alex said before walking out.

"Sage, go," Emily said.

"I'll keep her company," Addison said.

"See, I'm in good hands. Now go," Emily said.

"Okay, I'm going," I said kissing Addison's cheek on my way out. I walked down to the pit. Dr Webber and Cristina were talking to a guy I knew from the army.

"You triaged these men?" Dr Webber asked.

"Major Owen Hunt. US Army Second Forward Surgical," I said. "He's a trauma surgeon,"

"Sloan," Owen said.

"Dr Sloan, take care of Major Hunt's leg," Dr Webber said walking off with Yang.

"Come on Major," I said. I got him to a treatment room and began cleaning and suturing his leg.

"Did I see a ring on your hand?" Owen asked.

"You did. When I got back I proposed. We got married 3 weeks ago and we just got back from 2 weeks in Portugal," I said.

"Congratulations," Owen said.

"I heard you trached a man with a ballpoint pen," I said.

"So if I ask around I'm not going to hear some insane story about you?" Owen asked. I was about to suture his leg. "No staple it," Owen said.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yes," Owen said. "Don't numb it," I grabbed the staple gun and quickly stapled his leg. Torres walked in.

"Sloan, I swear I taught you better than that," Torres said.

"You did," I said. "He asked me too,"

"I did," Owen said.

"Okay. Talk to me about the freezing thing," Callie said to Owen.

"I've got other patients to deal with," I said walking out.

Timeskip

I was with Bailey, Hunt, Dr Webber and Callie talking a patient through a surgical procedure when Derek walked in.

"What's going on?" Derek asked.

"We're going ahead with the freezing," Dr Webber said.

"Without my consent? No, I don't think so," Derek said.

"You want to be the doctor who doesn't give his all to keep a man from being wheelchair-bound for the rest of his life?" Hunt asked.

"Get out of my patient's room," Derek yelled.

"I don't take orders from civilians," Hunt spat. Derek walked over. I stepped between the two.

"You're really picking GI Joe over me. I'm your brother," Derek snapped at me.

"This isn't personal Derek. This man may have a chance to walk again," I said.

"It is personal. He shows up and you take his side," Derek said. "You don't even know the man. He was your colleague,"

"Not today," I said walking out. I leaned against the wall. I went down to the pit suturing patients.

Timeskip

I was filling out charts. Addison walked over.

"Jen just called. She's got 4-year-old twin boys who need a home. It's short notice I know," Addison said.

"2 4-year-olds?" I asked.

"Yes," Addison said. "We can handle 2 toddlers if you want to," Addison said.

"I say we can do this thing," I said.

"Call her back?" Addison asked as I saw Owen walking over.

"Call her back in one minute," I said.

"With a smile like that this has to be Addison," Owen said walking over.

"Oh, you talk about me?" Addison teased.

"Hunt this is Addison, my wife. Addison this is Major Owen Hunt," I said.

"It's very nice to meet you," Addison said.

"You too," Owen said.

"So are you back for good?" I asked.

"I'm finishing my tour out in Iraq. You wanna come with?" Owen asked.

"I'm very happy right where I am but if I ever get the sudden urge to want to get shot at again I'll call you," I said. Owen laughed.

"Okay," Owen said. "Sounds like a plan,"