Shake Your Groove Thing

I sat with George and Cristina in the gallery watching Meredith doing her first surgery.

"I wish I could hold a heart," George said.

"A monkey could hold a heart," Cristina said.

"You're mad Burke didn't ask you," George said.

"George, I need more ice and chips," Izzie said walking in.

"Who else did you invite?" George asked. Izzie was organising a party at Meredith's house.

"Izzie, we said the list was jocks only. Surgery, Trauma, Plastics. Who else?" Cristina asked.

"Just some people from Peds," Izzie said.

"You invited the preschoolers to Meredith's house. The next thing you'll say is you invited the shrinks," Cristina said. Izzie looked away.

"She invited mental defects. This party's D.O.A," Cristina said.

"You know, Meredith thinks this is just going to be a little, small, meet-your-boyfriend cocktail thing. Did you clear this with her?" George asked.

"No, but I will," Izzie said. Cristina, George and I gave her a look. "I promise,"

"Why are you wasting the only weekend your boyfriend is in town at a big party? Is he bad in bed?" Cristina asked. I laughed.

"No. I just want him to meet some of my friends," Izzie said. My pager went off.

"Gotta go," I said.

Timeskip

George and I were working on a case with Dr Webber and Dr Bailey.

"What do you see, George?" Dr Bailey asked looking at the scan.

"Hyper-inflated lungs, clouded with bullae, seriously diminished capacity. She must be having trouble breathing," George said.

"Course of action?" Dr Bailey asked.

"A bullectomy procedure, remove the bullae, reduce the pressure," I said.

"Says here we operated on her back in '99, so Mrs Drake has been through this before, but talk her through it anyway. And resist the anti-smoking lecture, she feels bad enough already," Dr Webber said walking out.

"So you think if they put pictures of these on a pack of cigarettes people would stop smoking?" George asked looking at the scans. Dr Bailey shook her head. Derek walked in.

"Sage, speak to our sisters," Derek said. "They think you're dead,"

"Sisters?" Dr Bailey asked.

"His mom raised me and my brother alongside him and his sisters," I said as my pager went off. "It's my kid in peds can I go?"

"Yeah. Go," Dr Bailey said.

Timeskip

I was in the locker room changing into normal clothes

"Sage are you coming over tonight to this meet-the-boyfriend get-together?" Meredith asked.

"I'll think about it," I said.

"Okay," Meredith said before leaving.

Timeskip

I arrived at Meredith's house. It was packed with people. I stood outside. Meredith walked up the stairs looking pissed.

"What the hell is going on in my house?" Meredith asked.

"Uh. A party which is full of drunk idiots," I said.

"What are you doing out here?" Meredith asked.

"I had plans tonight but I figured if I didn't turn up I would seem like a massive bitch," I said.

"You could have just said you had plans," Meredith said. "Go call your plans back and have fun,"

"Night Mer," I said.

"Night Sage," Meredith said. I drove home and ordered takeout. I was laying on my couch when the door knocked. I got up and opened the door. Addison was standing at the door with arms full of boxes.

"Happy birthday," Addison said. I smiled letting her inside. She put the boxes down and walked over pulling me into a hug. "God have I missed you,"

"I've missed you too Ads," I said.

"I come bearing gifts," Addison said. "Come on open them," I opened the gifts Amelia, the youngest of the Shepherd sisters bought me a watch with an engraving on the back. Liz had gotten me new shoes. Nancy and Kathleen had both bought me alcohol while Carolyn, Derek's Mom had got me a gift card for clothes. My brother as usual sent me a check. "Now open mine," Addison said handing me a big bag.

"Alright," I said. Addison bought me a lot of clothes. "Thank you Ads," I said. She smiled at me.

"You're very welcome," Addison said. I smiled. "Wanna lay in bed and watch rubbish tv like we used to in New York?" Addison asked.

"Now that is everyone's 30th birthday wish," I said. Addison laughed as we walked to my bedroom.

Timeskip

I woke up and took a shower before work. Addison was awake when I got out of the shower.

"Did I wake you?" I asked.

"I'm a surgeon too, Sage. I do early mornings," Addison said.

"So how long are you staying for?" I asked.

"I'm flying back at lunchtime tomorrow," Addison said. "Plus you owe me pancakes," Addison said.

"Do I?" I asked.

"Yes you do," Addison said.

"Okay. I'll go make those pancakes," I said.

"Yeah you do that," Addison smirked. I began making pancake batter as my door knocked. "I'll grab it,"

"Thanks," I said.

"Sage, it's for you," Addison said. I walked to the door. Alex stood there.

"Hey, what's up?" I asked.

"The water's out in my building can I use your shower before work?" Alex asked.

"Sure, come on in," I said. I showed Alex to the guest bedroom. "I'm making breakfast if you want some,"

"Yeah sounds great," Alex said. I left him to shower before walking back out to the kitchen. Addison smirked at me.

"It's not like that. He's a friend," I said.

"Of course, it is," Addison said sarcastically.

"Do you want pancakes or not?" I asked. Addison glared at me.

"You wouldn't dare," Addison said.

"Try me," I smirked going back to making pancakes.