Tell Me Sweet Little Lies

We were at the ambulance bay taking a patient who had just been brought in.

"Rick Freeark. 29. Severed 3 fingers on his left hand. Controlled the bleeding in field. Vitals stable. Gave him 5 of morphine on the way in," The medic said as we began wheeling him into the ER.

"The fingers?" Dr Bailey asked.

"Had some trouble retrieving them so we took off. Rich behind us found them. They're iced and ready to go. 10 minutes out," The medic said.

"Continue with IV fluids and start a course of antibiotics," Dr Bailey said. "Yang, wait outside for the fingers," We got Rick into a trauma room.

"You can sew them back on right? Cause they sewed that guy's penis back on after his wife chopped it off, right?" Rick asked.

"Penises and fingers. Like apples and oranges," Dr Bailey said.

"How did it happen?" George asked.

"I was loading my gear onto my truck for a gig and my hand got caught in the liftgate," Rick said.

"You're a musician?" Alex asked.

"I play the friggin guitar. You can sew them back on right? It's not that big of a deal right? Oh, dude, I better not be out of the band," Rick said.

Timeskip

I was stood at the nurse's station writing charts when Meredith walked over.

"We've been invited over to Burke's and Cristina's for dinner," Meredith said.

"Why?" I asked.

"Something about us being Cristina's best friends. Burke wants her to feel comfortable having friends over," Meredith said.

"You can go for both of us because that sounds like hell," I said.

"I hoped you were going to go for both of us," Meredith said.

"No chance Grey. Not happening," I said.

"Well I don't want to go," Meredith said.

"Will Cristina even what us to go?" I asked. "It doesn't sound like her at all,"

"Let's go get coffee," Meredith said.

"I like that idea," I said. We walked downstairs to the coffee cart. Meredith and I were grabbing coffee. Addison walked over. She ordered her coffee and I paid for the coffee's giving the guy working a tip.

"Why have I just been invited to Preston and Cristina's apartment with my girlfriend? Who is my girlfriend?"  Addison asked.

"Sage," Meredith said. Addison and I looked at each other. Meredith's pager went off. "See you later,"

"People think we're dating?" I asked. Addison shrugged.

"I don't know," Addison said as her pager went off. "It's Bailey again come on,"

Timeskip

Dr Bailey was experiencing symptoms of preterm labour so Addison had ordered her on bed rest until the baby was born. Addison, me and the rest of Bailey's interns walked to the elevator while Bailey was in a wheelchair.

"Bed rest at home until the baby comes. You do know what bed rest is don't you Miranda?" Addison asked.

"Yeah hell," Dr Bailey said as she was wheeled into the elevator backwards.

"Hell with TV and books," Izzie said before handing Bailey a neatly wrapped gift. "Here it's from all of us," She took it and the elevator doors began to close but Bailey blocked the door. Addison had already walked off.

"I may be 47 months pregnant. I may be on bed rest. I may not be able to see my own feet but I am Dr Bailey. I hear everything. I know everything. I'm watching each and every one of you. Sloan, you're on Addison Montgomery's service until I return. And I will return," Dr Bailey said before the doors closed again.

"She terrifies you guys too right?" George asked. We all nodded before going off in separate directions.

Timeskip

Addison and I were walking around the park throwing a ball of Ace to chase

"So how many C-sections am I going to perform before Bailey comes back?" I asked.

"You'll be able to perform one independently from start to finish by the time I'm done with you," Addison smirked. "If you're lucky I'll find you a good surgery," Addison said.

"Ooh goodie," I smiled childishly. Addison laughed.

"So are Derek and Meredith together?" Addison asked.

"Not sure. I think they're working on it," I said. "Did you hear the nurses are going on strike?"

"Yes. Preston and Derek were complaining about surgeries being cancelled," Addison said.

"Webber called them arrogant surgeons," I said. Addison laughed.

"Dr Sloan," I heard someone yell. I turned to see Tommy Morgans running towards us.

"Tommy. Hey," I said.

"Did you go to the game?" Tommy asked.

"Yeah. I took Dr Karev," I said.

"Look at my scar. It looks so cool," Tommy said lifting his shirt.

"Wow. That's an awesome scar," I said. "It's healing very nicely,"

"Tommy, come on," His mother yelled.

"Bye Dr Sloan," Tommy yelled as he ran off.

"Who's that?" Addison asked.

"Tommy Morgans. He was my first surgical patient that I got to be a part of from start to end. He had an appendectomy," I said.

"That's sweet," Addison said. "Now speaking of Alex why does he call me Pancakes?"

"He was the guy I was at the bar with when you called me and joked that I'd better not make him pancakes," I said.

"Have you ever slept with Alex?" Addison asked.

"No. He tried but I shut it down. He reminds me way too much of Mark to sleep with him even if I was interested in guys," I said. We got home and Ace jumped up and claimed the armchair as his seat for the night.