Chapter 59

Beyoncé's POV
Nicki's House
February 19

"My bear is better than yours." Onika cackled. We were comparing bears.

"We can settle this after you pick Zamora up." I told her. I'd just arrived back in Houston because I was in Atlanta for a few days.

"She'll pick mine, without a doubt." Onika shrugged. I just let her have it.

I was also very tired. My eyes kept closing, she just kept rubbing my head.

"You can sleep, if you want." I nodded and slowly started drifting away.

I don't know how long I'd been asleep for but I woke up to Onika shouting into her phone. It was on her ear and she was pacing the room.

My eyes fluttered open and she momentarily looked over at me. I could see her putting more clothes on, the longer she spoke on the phone.

"What do you mean my daughter is in the emergency room? Why wasn't anyone watching her?" She stressed, putting on a jacket.

"I don't care for an apology. Just tell me which hospital." She pressed whoever was on the other end.

When I heard hospital, I stood up. I was a little uneasy from my sleep but I started putting on my outside clothes. I wasn't going to stay here alone if Zamora was in the hospital.

Once she had the information that she needed, she hung up the phone and finished getting ready. She didn't even wait for me, she was down her stairs and in her garage in no time.

"Let me drive." I stopped her from getting in the drivers seat. "You're trembling right now. You can't drive."

She looked down at her own hands and groaned before going to the passenger side. We got in and she told me which hospital to go to.

I understood the urgency in her tone, so I drove pretty fast. I was there within half an hour.

Before we got out the car, I stopped Onika. That was bad because she was literally about to commit homicide.

"What happened?"

"Zamora broke her ankle."

"I know you're upset right now, but try not to show it. I bet Zamora is way more upset than you right now, so that's not good." I explained and she nodded, taking a deep breath.

We hopped out of the car and she did a beeline for the emergency room doors. When we got in, she gave a name and they let her through.

There were a few closed curtains and the nurse pulled back one of them. Zamora was on the other end with a woman next to her.

"Ladybug!" Onika exclaimed and went to hug her daughter. Zamora's face was peppered in kisses and Onika had a tight grip on her.

"I can't breathe, mommy." Zamora gasped and Onika let go. She pecked her forehead one more time.

"I'm sorry, baby. Are you ok? What happened?" She got all her questions out.

"I'm fine." Zamora smiled, which reassured Onika. "I fell off the jungle gym. I let go by accident and hurt my foot."

"You are so silly." Onika laughed with her. "I'll be back in two seconds. You can use my phone."

Onika handed Zamora her phone and stood. The lady next to Zamora stood too. Onika made sure to close the curtain after them.

"Were you who I spoke to on the phone?" Onika asked. The woman shook her head.

"The school receptionist called you. I'm one of Zamora's teachers that was there." She spoke in a soft tone.