Chapter 13

Beyoncé's POV
Manhattan, NY
February 25

The auction was about to start so I got seated at my table. Everyone in attendance was at least twice my age and more.

I was sat at a table with some known business tycoons and famous people in the design industry. Attendees ranged from celebrities to large people in the drug world. These auctions were very upscale and pulled in specific crowds. However, they were very hushed and you had to be invited to attend.

My father used to attend these so they passed that onto me when I took over his role. They happened twice a year in different locations.

"You're Knowles' daughter, aren't you?" An older man asked, which caught my attention. I turned to him and he had a soft smile on face.

"Yes. You knew my father?" I questioned.

"Who didn't? Knowles made a name for himself, may he rest in peace." The man spoke highly of my father. "It seems you're following in his footsteps."

I spent the rest of the waiting time speaking to the man. He was the founder of Chanel. He was a very nice man to talk to.

"May we all be seated. The auction is now starting." A woman announced on the stage. The lights dimmed and the first item was wheeled onto the stage.

"First we have the original Interchange – Willem de Kooning." The woman announced. "Starting bid at $100,000."

A man bidded double, then was out-bidded by another man who bid half a million. That ended there, as there were much better items to bid for coming up.

I didn't find myself bidding too much because I wasn't too attracted to anything being auctioned. I bid for 3 paintings and won 2. I spent at least $1 million on each painting. I didn't remember.

I also bidded on a watch worn by Pablo Escobar. It was a vintage watch but the only one of its kind. I won after bidding $7 million, that was 7x what the original bid was.

"Now ladies and gentlemen, the last item being auctioned tonight is the 5th ever Rolls Royce boat tail in blue." My ears perked up at the mention of a car and photos of the car were displayed on the screen.

The bid started at $5 million, which was the highest start of the day. I waited it out until less people were bidding before I started.

"Roll Royce going for $10.5 million. Going once, going twice, going-" She paused when I put my card up. "$11 million!"

I then put my card down and she started her countdown. Between her countdown two more people bidded and now it was valued at $12 million. People kept bidding and I waited until it was just myself and one other person.

I knew the other person was about to tap out so I bid a higher amount. "$17 million. Going once, going twice, going three times. Sold to the woman in the black suit."

The room erupted in applause. A usher type person walked up to me and told me that my things would be shipped to me and I gave them my Houston house address.

I was escorted out of the auction by my head of security, Julius. He drove me back to my warehouse where I picked up my car and left him. I gave him the rest of the day off.