Chapter 18

Omniscient POV
April 13

Meek was headed to Onika's apartment. He'd spent the last 2 weeks at his fiancé's house with his kids. Onika didn't truly know about Milan and her three kids. She probably never would either.

The drive to Onika's apartment was long for Meek as he was coming from the opposite side of New York.

Little did he know, he was being followed and watched throughout his journey. His car had been bugged a while ago and he still hadn't figured it out.

Meanwhile, Onika had a headache worse than the days before. She'd been stumbling each time she walked around. No food had entered her system since the previous day.

She was trying her hardest to push through the day but there was an evident weight on her body. Everything she did was a blur to her.

Beyoncé was also on her own mission for the day. She'd finished babysitting Zamora and Titan and decided to go to see Onika, again.

She had a feeling she'd be greeted by Meek, but she didn't care. He was a dead man in her eyes. She didn't mind getting blood on her hands, if it was his.

Beyoncé's POV

"Where are y'all now?" I asked Wop as I sat parked near Nicki's apartment.

"We're 10 minutes away from you, BK." He responded and I popped a piece of gum.

"Cool, is Chris in that car with you?"

"Nah, I'm here with Juh, Pac." I hummed in response and kept watching the entrance of the apartment block. "Chris is in the car in front of us with Tune."

"Call me when y'all are close to me." He hung up after I said that.

I sat there waiting until his car pulled up.

After a few more minutes, his car parked on the curb. He momentarily looked around before getting out of his car. It was evident he knew something was up. He instantly got on a phone call as he entered the apartment block.

Not too long after, I saw Wop's car park a few blocks down.

The plan was for me to go in alone then call the boys to come get him. I was still very much a woman, so I wasn't going to fight a man my self.

Don't get me wrong, I had hands. I just preferred not to do certain things when people could do it for me. Like cooking, why would I cook if someone else could do it for me? That and the fact I can't cook.

"I don't need to know how to cook." I muttered to myself as I exited the car.

I realised I'd been sitting in here, daydreaming too long. Pac and Juh walked up to me and we all went up to the right floor.

I made them wait at the end of the hallway as I walked up to the door.

When I reached it, I knocked two times and waited for a response.

Nothing.

I knocked again and was greeted with no response, again. I sighed and knocked again, really loud.

Still no response.

As I stood there, I could hear a lot of movement on the other side of the door. I heard a door slam and the closer I listened, the clearer it became.