Chapter 1

Onika's POV
Her Apartment
November 28

"When will you be back?" Zamora pouted as I got ready and packed my stuff.

"By the time you're awake, ladybug." I smiled down at her as we walked out of my bedroom. I grabbed my house keys and her Minnie Mouse backpack. I was going to drop her off at my parents house.

"You leaving now?" Meek spoke from the living room.

"Yes, Meek." As I approached the door he popped out of the living room to come say bye to me.

"You was gonna leave without giving me a kiss?" He said inching closer to me. Then he pecked my lips.

"Of course I wasn't. I was just grabbing our stuff."

I could've left her here with Meek but she said she wanted to hang out with Ming and her granny. I picked her up and put her on my hip.

"We go now, mommy?" She rested her head on my shoulder.

"Yes, Mora. Bye, Meek." I said exiting my apartment.

We made our way to my car and I buckled her in her car seat. I turned on the radio and drove down to my parents house. I looked in my rear view mirror to a sleeping Zamora.

How did she already fall asleep, when she was just jumping all over my apartment? I just chuckled and pulled into my parents' driveway.

I hopped out and grabbed Zamora and her backpack. When I got to the front door it opened before I could knock. It was Ming.

"Hey, Nika." She spoke excitedly letting me in.

"Hey, Ming-a-Ling. Where's mama and Caiah?"
I said whilst looking around.

"Mama is in her room reading, Daddy is asleep and Caiah is in his room playing on his tv."

"Cool." I checked my phone and it was 10:47
I was going to be so late. It's whatever though.
"Lemme go say hi to mama real quick, you can take her bag for me."

She grabbed Zamora's backpack and went upstairs.

I walked down the hall to my parents room. I knocked before going in seeing mama with her reading glasses on, using her phone.

"Yes, Tanya?" I just got here, she didn't even say hi.

"Hi, I came to drop off your grandbaby." I paused when my dad shifted in his bed then I continued. "Oh and I wanted to give you this."

I pulled out a couple hundred dollar bills from my pocket and put them on her bedside table.

"You spoil me too much, Tanya." She said reaching over to peck my cheek. I cringed when she did so but she didn't notice.

"Can I keep my grandbaby the whole of tomorrow?"

"Yeah sure, what will you guys do the whole day?"

"We'll just have a girls day and go out to dinner at the end, you can come. Bring that friend of yours if you want."

"You mean my boyfriend of 3 years?"