Chapter 25

Beyoncé's POV
Queens Center
May 20

"Nicki?" I turned when I saw her body hit the ground. I didn't bother hanging the call up and went to help her.

I patted her cheek a few times and checked for a pulse. Her pulse was weak, going in and out.

"Fuck." I exclaimed and looked around me for help.

I searched her exterior for any wounds and wasn't met by anything. Then I looked at the growing pool of blood she laid in. "Oh shit."

I wasted no time picking her up, bridal style. Her body was limp in my arms. Her head bobbed every time I moved.

I went straight to my car. Robyn and Lauren were hot on my trail, scared for their best friend.

"Open my door." I rushed Lauren as we approached my car. She did and I laid Onika in the back seat.

I shut the door and went to my drivers seat. Lauren and Robyn stood off to the side, watching me. They were both panicking.

"Are y'all coming or not?" Lauren frantically nodded. "Follow my car to the hospital."

I got in and pulled out. Their car wasn't too far in the parking lot from mine, so it wasn't long until they were behind me.

I broke at least 3 traffic laws getting to the hospital.

When I did arrive, I didn't bother parking. I went to my back seat to retrieve and unconscious Onika.

The second I entered the ER, people were running around to try get a gurney.

I carefully laid Onika on it.

"Why isn't she breathing?" I asked them. They did some standard tests on her before they rolled the gurney away from the waiting room.

I was right behind them, asking them questions. That was until we reached the elevator and they told me I couldn't go as far as they were going.

I sat in the waiting room, with my head hung low. I knew this feeling all too well. It felt like history was rewriting itself for me.

My leg bounced vigorously as I shook my head.

Both Robyn and Lauren were in the waiting room with me. Lauren was crying into Robyn. They were in their own world and so was I.

"Did y'all see what the people looked like?" That's one thing I knew for certain, that it was more than one person.

"No. They'd run off before we could see anything." Robyn explained. "I asked someone where they went and they said it was a guy in all black—at least 6 foot. I know that's no help but that's the best I can do."

"It's fine." I frustratedly sighed.

This was all my fault. I should've just sent people to watch them anyway. I knew better. She said she'd be fine but I knew she wouldn't and still didn't do anything about it.

We sat in this silence until a doctor came around the corner. "Family of Onika Maraj?"

The girls stood up. I kept my head down still thinking.

"Is she ok?" Robyn asked first.

"She's stable, at the moment. We're waiting on a head CT."

"Is the baby ok?" Lauren asked after. My head flew up at the mention of a baby.

"Well, that's the bad news." By the somber look on the doctor's face, the answer was clear. "She'd miscarried before she even reached the hospital. I'm so sorry."