Father, father..."

    "Brother Zhuang, you promised me, you will definitely come back, you You promised me...you promised me..."

    In the ears were the cries of the villagers, the hoarse weeping, and the despairing and ashen faces, like knives stabbing Zhou Yi , making his heart ache.

    Half a year ago, he still called those people grandpa, uncle, and elder brother, and each of those fresh lives just disappeared. And their death will not cause any ripples in this era, except that it will make their family members feel miserable. When the canal was built, later generations will record in the history books how many years a certain emperor built the canal running through the north and south, and the achievements will last forever. And these people who really gave their lives for this canal, no one will care, no one will remember.

    Zhou Yi looked at the sky and walked along the small river with his fists clenched. Once again, he realized very clearly that this world is not the one he lived in in his previous life. , he can only fight with his life.

    Most of the families in Xiawan Village hung up white sails, and the village was enveloped in an atmosphere of numbness and despair.

    And he and Zhou's second child were going to the funeral today, and none of the grandchildren of Zhou Yi's third uncle came back.

    Zhou Laoer took Zhou Yi to the third uncle's house, and saw the old man who was old but energetic, but now he seemed to have all his vitality sucked away, like rotten wood, as if it would fall apart when touched .

    The one who didn't come back was Zhou Yi's third uncle. The third uncle had three sons, namely the eldest son Zhou Tian, ​​the second son Zhou Shan, and the third son Zhou Di. The third uncle and his family had already separated, so he lived with Zhou Tian.

    And Zhou Tian had three sons, the eldest son Zhou Zhuang, the second son Zhou Mu, and the third son Zhou Qi.

    Zhou Qi, also known as Uncle Three, had a son named Zhou Zhu, who was two years younger than Zhou Yi, and was kneeling in front of the mourning hall with Xiao Pa at the moment, his small body looked extremely weak. Aunt Santang knelt aside with a numb and gray face.

    After Zhou Yi kowtowed, he stood beside Zhou Lao Er and looked at the people in the room.

    Zhou Yi looked at this Uncle Tian, ​​who was sitting on the side of the mourning hall, his face was very sad, but Zhou Yi felt strange, the sons of the uncle Zhou Zhuang and the second uncle Zhou Mu had grown up and married, and Uncle Santang's child is still very young, although Uncle Tian's family is not separated, but if the number is serious, it should not be Uncle Santang's turn.

    Zhou Yi looked at Aunt Santang again, and saw that she looked at Uncle Tian with deep-seated hatred in her eyes. This Uncle Tian seemed a little uncomfortable being watched, and moved his body to avoid Aunt Santang's sight . If a father-in-law didn't do anything wrong, how could he be afraid of his daughter-in-law's eyes.     Zhou Yi understood, hey, such eccentric parents can be found everywhere, if they had not had money at home at that time, Zhou's second son would have been in trouble now.     Zhou Yi always felt that the funeral would not go so smoothly.

    Sure enough, when the funeral was about to take place, Aunt Santang suddenly stood up, with a shrill voice like an evil ghost from hell: "Father, you saw that you gave Brother Qi's life away with your own hands, are you happy? Hahaha , Brother Qi, why are you so stupid, the relative you are devoted to has killed you with his own hands!..."

    These words made Uncle Tian startled, his eyes were full of pain: "Are you talking nonsense? What, the third child is my son, and I can still hope that he will die. You know that the family can only take out so much money, and someone has to go. What can I do?" "Then why don't you let him go?