17 - # SUZUKI V.S. BAKUGO

Start from the beginning

luckily, the headache that'll worsen after this match will give me a good excuse to go say hi!

[ "VERSUS, ALSO FROM CLASS 1-a, MINA ASHIDO!" ]

she waves at the crowd, a bright smile on her face as she poses for the cameras. her bubblegum pink hair flows in the wind as her smile shifts to something more determined than bubbly as she stares ahead at me.

[ "BEGIN!" ]

mina shoots acid at me as i run to the side, dodging the small bursts and using a force field to deter any attacks that i wasn't quick enough to miss.

scarlet energy dances around my hands as i turn, the power swirling into my palm while mina turns, the blast shooting across the arena and colliding with her stomach. she gasps, skidding back.

her feet stop just inches from the border, but she falls over trying to steady herself and makes rough contact with the ground.

"ashido is out of bounds! suzuki will advance!" midnight smiles.

"what the heck? that was so quick!" denki exclaims.

mineta gulps, "she's scary in battle..."

my body wavers as the violent storm of pain hits me, bringing a hand to shield my eyes from the overwhelming stadium lights as i smile apologetically at her.

-

"mmmmmmwwwwaaaaah!" recovery girl smiles, "i've healed you enough that you should be able to walk, but be careful."

izuku pants, his torso almost completely wrapped in bandages, "thank you very much, ma'am."

he looks down at his right hand, the bones crooked with a scar running across both sides of his palm.

"that's what you get for overusing your quirk in a short time frame. consider your crooked right hand as a warning from now on." she huffs. "and just so you know, i will not heal injuries like this anymore."

izuku gasps- recovery girl turns to the blonde man next to him, "you must find a new way for him to use his power. there has to be an option that's not so... self destructive-"

the door of the nurses office pries open, catching the three's attention as i stagger in, relying on the door handle to keep me up.

i sigh, "hey guys- izuku, recovery girl, man i don't know the name of."

"- speaking of self destructive! another headache, i presume?" she huffs.

i nod, my hands clasped over my ears to drown out the shuffling of izuku's chair as he shoots up to stand next to me. i fall into the chair, sighing as recovery girl scolds me for being reckless and pressing a kiss on my forehead for the second time today.

"you don't have much stamina, so thats all i can do for now." recovery girl says, "come see me after the festival is over so i can heal you completely before you leave."

-

izuku and i re-enter the main stadium, watching bakugo and kirishima's fight from the bridges between stands.