Epilogue

............

A long time ago, the God of Destruction was born from the two Immortal (also known as Eternal) realms, Soleria and Luneith. Around the same time, a Goddess was born. The Goddess of Creation. 

The two were born to be opposites. Creation vs Destruction. Light vs Dark. Sun vs Moon. They were born to be enemies. 

And for a while, they were, though they never truly had the chance for that animosity to grow beyond a small distaste. A small sense of duty to be against each other. It was what was expected of them.

But there was something about Creation which perhaps changed that. Her ability to have visions, to see into the future had changed her mind. She could see snippets of Destruction, not as an enemy, but as something else.

There is a thin line between love and hate, people say.

Whilst Soleria and Luneith continued to be against each other, whilst war was threatening to rage on between the two realms, Creation and Destruction met and against all odds, a love blossomed between them.

Whilst on the surface, everyone believed that they remained enemies, the two grew closer. Their feelings burned with the passion of a thousand suns and their souls intertwined as they came to love each other more and more. But the problem with a secret so colossal was that if it had to be kept, it would be taken to the grave.

One fateful day, two armies were led to the Celestial lands, to a great battle. The biggest one out of the years and years they had been fighting. Driven by the fact that Soleria had murdered his parents and the belief that he would never be able to get Creation back, Destruction had almost won. 

Almost.

But Creation sacrificed herself, essentially killing all but her spirit in order to trap Destruction in a prison. No one knew that she did it to protect him. No one knew the true evil she was trying to protect him from. It was the best thing to end the war, even if it meant neither won. After all, both sides had lost their greatest assets. The Princess of Soleria and the Lune Supreme of Luneith. 

For a long while, peace stood on the point of a needle, and no one knew when it would topple.

Until the day when the prison which held Destruction was suddenly destroyed by a little fairy who knew nothing of the person she just helped escape. She thought that after that one day which was so like a dream, she would never see that demon again. That, maybe it was just her imagination and that she had never entered a prison in the first place.

But it was like the very fate which was trying to separate them could not even keep them from meeting again and again. Soon Destruction and this little fairy became entangled, even if they hadn't wanted to at first.

But who was this little fairy? Destruction had wondered too. 

It wasn't too long before he realised that it was the one he had wanted to see for so long. This little fairy was Creation. She was the one who had trapped him. She was the one whom he had feelings for. She was the one who had sacrificed herself, and she did it for him.

This time, he would protect her, no matter what.

So much happened after that. The fairy who knew nothing of her own identity was trying to become an immortal. In doing so, her affiliation with Destruction was revealed and she almost died at the hands of her uncle, the Emperor. Destruction saved her and took her to Luneith but their happiness did not last long as the fairy had been kidnapped and taken to the mortal realm. 

The God of War had been possessed by a threat which had been looming in Soleria since the death of Destruction's Father, Hawkmoth. The God of War, so distraught over the fact that the girl he liked had chosen another, had taken her. 

But the evil that possessed him caused him to kill her. He hadn't meant to. In actuality, it was Destruction whom his sword was aimed at. But the fairy with no memory had come in between the two. This was the second time Creation had sacrificed herself.

Luckily, it was all that was needed to bring Creation back completely, with all of her powers and memory and, soon Soleria found out the truth behind Creation and Destruction. The truth that everything that was believed about the two was a lie created by the very ones who had pitted Creation and Destruction against each other. The truth that they were two lovers who wouldn't be separated by the choices their realms made.

They were the ones who would choose their own destiny.

Enraged, the Emperor and the Fates tried to prevent that from happening. A new war was blinking at the horizon of the Celestial Lands.

At the same time, another force, darker than anything else had emerged with one goal. To have the power of Destruction.

This force was Hawkmoth.

The same force Creation had wanted to keep away from Destruction. If not, Soleria and Luneith would become nothing.

In the end, Destruction sacrificed himself to prevent Hawkmoth from taking over his soul, but it had caused an explosion that no one but Creation could stop. In the end, Creation sacrificed herself once again.

And the story ended.

............

In truth, that wasn't the end, not really. 

Of a war, yes. Of Creation and Destruction, no. 

Because if there was something Creation was good at, it was bringing things to life, including herself and Destruction. 7000 years after their sacrifice, after two realms had become one incredible and united one. 7000 years later, Destruction came back. 

500 years after that, Creation, having completed her task of melding both realms seamlessly together came back also.

The two became Emperor and Empress of Soleith. They had achieved peace and prosperity and an age of no hatred. They had shown the strength and power of love for each other and how it was better than living in fear. 

They had fought against the will of the Fates, against their supposed destiny. 

Two opposites had merged, two souls bonded together and became unbreakable just as a once-lost prophecy had proclaimed.

The foretold eternity of peace had finally begun.

-End of Epilogue-

............