Part I: Chapter 10

I made a promise to my friend (who also happens to be the first person who had gotten to read this story) that I would post both of the last chapters of Part I today and so, here I am. I also have exams so next week I won't be posting a chap anyways.

Enough from me. Enjoy these next two chaps <3

...............

"It's just a bead Luka!" she shouted back when he raised his own voice at her. Her heartbeat was becoming critically rapid and she couldn't understand why Luka was becoming more and more intimidating by the second.

"It's not a normal bead," he pointed to her brutally, "That is the mark of destruction."

All around gasps could be heard and from behind Luka, Alya let out a huge dreading, "No!"

"And that means-" his finger was still pointed at her accusingly but his voice faltered as the betrayal washed over him, "That means that you are in league with Destruction."

"No!" She shook her head, holding onto the necklace, close to her chest as if it was her heart, "I'm not, Luka. You have to understand what you are accusing me of. I am not in league with him. How could I be when I know what he did to your arm? When you told me just what he means to you?"

She recalled the stories he had told her of his first hand experience dealing with Destruction. He would tell her when she tended to his arm, experimenting with ways to at least fade something, anything. 

Luka had become obsessed with trying to remove any trace of injury. For it felt like he was being mocked by the other God, that he was being played like a puppet because Destruction had already threaded his power into Luka, no matter how little or insignificant it may have seemed. 

He had told her about how he had been left in a coma for almost 5,000 years, and even if it was a long time ago, he still remembered the devastation of waking up in a millennium so different from the one he had been in, all because she hadn't been there. And because of the stories he had told her, because of her understanding that, to him, Destruction was more than just the other side. More than just the enemy of his realm. To Luka he was the epitome of bad luck and all that was wicked. She would not do something like this to him (not knowingly anyways).

Now Marinette could not know from her own experiences what Destruction was like. She did not know if because of the clear detestable feeling that spread throughout Luka's soul, it caused him to exaggerate the stories. Maybe they were all true to the exact details he had given. But Marinette thought Luka would trust her enough to realise she would never do what he had accused. 

Like Luka, a feeling of betrayal bled deep into her chest as she realised that he didn't trust her.

"BRING HER TO ME!" A prospering voice echoed around the stadium from the exact spot where a throne made just for the Emperor sat.

Marinette's whole body trembled when Luka harshly grabbed her hand and she tried to push him away, the tears forming without even a seconds notice. How could he? How could he do this to her? She thought they were friends. And if she hadn't been mistaking it, she thought he liked her as more. Even if it wasn't the case, they had been much closer than even only a few months ago. 

But what was she really in the face of a hatred which persisted over 70, 000 years?

She took a step back but it happened too quickly and her foot caught onto the dress she had made just for this occasion. She let out a small cry of shock as her legs gave out and the dress teared and she fell on her knees. Still, she scrambled back trying to move away from everyone who was advancing on front of her.