Part III: Chapter 11

The idea was to make this the longest chapter in the book but I don't think that will happen. It is one of the longest though. 

Here we are. The last chapter of the main story. 

I won't speak anymore. Let's just go onwards with the story.

............

Seven-thousand years. 

That's how long it had been. 

7,000 years of peace, of unity, of solidarity as one realm.  Since the Emperor of Soleria stepped down and retreated to who knows where. Since negotiations between Soleria and Luneith came into play and the animosity and prejudice between the people slowly started to disappear.

7,000 years since they had been gone.

He remembered it like it was yesterday. The vivid image of the large and powerful force of Creation erupting at the centre of his brother's final destruction. It had pushed away everyone, from either side of the bridge. Had driven everyone out of the Celestial planes so that all that could be seen was a mix of red green and black. Not even the exquisite and endless celestial sky could be seen. 

No one could go through the planes for close to one thousand years. Portals between both realms had been constructed in order to manage peace negotiations and the continuing progress into becoming one. Even with the restrictions and reservations that the people had, Felix and the others were determined to do as Creation declared. With the help of the many who were there to witness her declaration and stand by her and her allies- the six appointed by her to guide the realms into the peace she desired- it made things easier.

Six thousand years ago, the magic cleared up. 

That was when things truly began to change. 

What used to be the vast planes which never ended, became a small piece of land, each and every part of it visible for all to see. In the middle, lay two bodies, peaceful and undisturbed, as if they belonged there.

............

The bodies lay on a slab of stone, raised from the ground like a pedestal. Upon closer look, there seemed to be inscriptions written on it, what was later confirmed as not a language, but the magic of Creation in a more visible form of communication. 

Felix was the first one to go towards them, and he gently trudged amongst the grass and flowers and vines which sprouted around to reach the two.

"Is it them?" Someone from behind him, part of the entourage which was picked to follow the 'Order of the Guardians' (as the people had dubbed the six of them who were entrusted with the safekeeping of the realms) to investigate the phenomenon at the Celestial planes.

Without even a glance at their faces, Felix already knew. But he still went right up to them to check, only to find that the stone was surrounded by a magical barrier to protect the two figures which lay there. From what he could see, they were side by side, both faces expressing their peace as their hands connected and they stayed in each other's presence. It was a far cry from the torment they both had dealt with for many years.

For that, Felix felt relieved.

Even though he couldn't get close to them, he could still see their faces and so he answered, "It is."

"Are they dead?"

He was unsure. How would he be able to tell when he couldn't get closer? He couldn't even tell if they were breathing, but the thing with immortals was that they didn't necessarily show they were breathing at all times. There was no need to. And that made it harder to deliberate whether or not they were alive from where he was standing.