Part II: Chapter 3

Hello. Final edit Persia here. I'm a bit sleep deprived rn so I don't even know what to say. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Have a nice time reading <3

............

"You must be Felix," Marinette said, smiling at the man who looked very much like the Lune Supreme, only he looked older, with more chiselled and elongated features compared to the slightly softer- but still quite sharp- physiognomy Adrien had most definitely inherited from his mother. 

Felix's hair was a similar shade to Adrien's, only slightly darker and to this day, no one could fathom how it was his natural hair colour when both of his parents, initially, had dark hair. He did inherit his father's blue-grey eyes, something she only knew about because Adrien had taken her to the large museum in the palace, full of rare artefacts and a lot of paintings of the dynasty of the previous Lune Supreme.

She tried her best to make it look like she hadn't been crying as she smiled at him, but he must have suspected something was up considering her eyes were rimmed with red.

His demeanour really reminded her of Adrien when they first met, bad-tempered but all the same apathetic. She knew immediately that he felt cautious about her. 

Instead of telling him to go, she stood back and let the door open widely, welcoming him into the room which, thankfully he did come in. She might have not exactly wanted him to be there, not when she was in the middle of something upsetting, but he was Adrien's brother and someone of higher status than her (but after what Adrien had told her, was he really? Then again, Felix wouldn't even know that), and so she didn't want to disrespect him.

"And you are the girl my brother seems to be devoted to spending his time with instead of doing his duty as Lune Supreme," without warning, he settled on one of the chairs Marinette never really used, but since it was one that faced the bed, she just moved to sit there instead as he spoke to her.

"I beg to differ," Marinette almost scoffed before reminding herself that she must be polite in order to make a good lasting impression on the brother of the person she, herself was getting attached to, "He has left me alone more than he has spent his time with me in the last few days and he has shown that his duty as your leader is rather important, which is a quality I admire. Time and time again he has made it clear in more than one way that he is miraculous in the way he works, and no one else could even come close to what he is able to do. Do not insinuate that your brother has been slacking off because of me."

She was rather surprised at how defensive she had gotten over Adrien and in a matter of a few seconds she was breathing just a bit harder and feeling a little hotter as her frustration grew. Even though she was quite angry at Adrien, she still didn't like the way his brother spoke about him. She felt... protective. 

But once she realised, she worked on trying to steady her breaths, very aware that Felix had an amused smirk on his face.

"I can see why my brother is in love with you."

"Wha- uh- he's not- he's not in love with me!" she shook her head as if that would make him believe more that he was wrong. 

How could he love her when she had allegedly been the one to trap him in the first place? How could he love her when they were meant to be from two different worlds, two different sides, two different realms. The King of Darkness and the Princess of Light. That was who the were meant to be. Right?

'Are you sure you don't believe everything already?'

He raised his eyebrow, "You think?" he challenged, "I know my brother better than most. He wouldn't just save any little fairy and bring her into his space and throw any teaching our father drilled into him, right out of the window."