Chapter 28•Avyaan

"Anyone?" I repeated, staring at her alone. I hated it when she looked desperate. Hopeless. Helpless. I wanted her to know I would always try to help her if she told me her worries.

"No one," her answer was strong as a rock and I knew she didn't want any more questions. I sat there still and she broke the silence, "Am I getting trained or directly stepping into the battle ground?"

Of course, she couldn't fight him but she had unique mixture of elements. She was no magic from the Triratna but I was forced to believe that she could only help us, before the Draco saga.

"Get some sleep for we will start tomorrow," I let her know but her face vacant. There was something different, something untold. Her bewitching eyes were on me and her disheveled hair flew and I slowly leaned forward and tucked it behind her ears and she looked at me and blinked when I said, "The head man will arrive tomorrow to help you with the magic of elements that you possess."

She nodded as I continued, "Uh... I have much to know from you about the heirloom, about Aira, about Trithi, your parents. But I wouldn't ask anything unless you want to share it with me."

A calm that I never knew ruled the room but the fogged emotions gathered up in her and I took her hands in my palm, "You are powerful, magical. No one is going to do anything to you."

Uncertainty brushed me but I rubbed her hands, "What did Aira say?"

"Uh..." Her eyes explained the mystery of how surprised that I knew, "Nothing..."

I smiled, "You can tell me whatever bothers you when you begin to believe I am someone you can trust, because I know you have so much to share." Her eyes shone with the glint of urging me to go on, "What makes you up?"

"Some random thoughts," she hesitated to complete it and she rose her eyebrows at me gracefully, "And you? I guess it wasn't a nightmare that woke you."

"Why?"

"You were playing with the lights. You know - kind of moody."

"You are not the only one with the power of thinking, that is common to all. I can also have some random thoughts at the dead of night."

She shrugged and I was pushed back by her soothing voice, "A question more!"

I nodded and she asked, "What were you doing at Aira's work place that night?"

"Just wanted to have a talk with her regarding the Draco saga."

"Would she let you in?"

"Why not? It's a work place."

"Of course," she cleared her throat, "We wouldn't know what she is preparing."

"Some potions for curing wounds, diseases..."

"Isn't she participating from the second realm?"

I nodded my head and she went on, "Aarav from your realm?"

I smiled, "Yes!"

"Who would you stand by then?" It was clear from her words which shivered that the trust in her was at stake and she needed it to be restored, "I am sorry if it..."

I cut through, staring at her apologetic eyes, "No one stands by in a Draco saga. It all depends on your individuality but still there is a bonding with Aarav. All his childhood, he had to be with me. My parents took care of us and we did every act of mischief together."

She didn't bother to rise a question on his parents and I wondered why her curiosity was killed. Her eyes were set on the door and I turned around only to find Aarav coming in. "Hey!" He paused looking at us and I withdrew my hands from her and waved at him, "Hey! You are awake?"

"I didn't see anything that I should not have seen." He rubbed his eyes and I smiled, "We were out of sleep too."

He sat beside me on the other chair and smiled at us mischeviously and then broke out, "Man! I am tensed. Help me out with advices to win the Draco saga. You and Aira have won one already and Tanvik... God! This is going to be so disastrous!"

I let the pace to be steady, "The only advice is to play by rules."

Ishya's faint murmur caught my ears, "All the games go by rules."

"The only rule is," May be I was preparing Ishya, "Abide no rules."

Aarav seemed pleased as he sat back relaxed. Ishya rose her head, "So I may leave..."

"No worries, I am not here for a single talk," he assured Ishya who dipped her head and rose in a smile. He informed, "Ishya, you are having your lessons from tomorrow. It will be fun."

She nodded and I scratched behind my ears, "Well! She already knows."

He knocked on the table and I smiled continuing, "We have a room for a great news by the way."

"And what is that I didn't know?" Aarav came closer and I whispered, "I am not saying it to you."

He sat back and I chuckled, "Everyone in the realm gets to witness the Draco saga."

Ishya jumped up in colours as if she had found a glowing light after year. Just like a sailor who had found a land. Like a fighter who had found the steps to victory. Like a gamer who had delightfully broken the rules.

"Then I am coming to watch for sure."

"There are two rounds," I informed like a parent who didn't want to lose the child in a crowd, "First round is all about getting to a wild dragon by competing with each other, that would happen sooner. The final round, is winning over the dragon born of a meteor. That is likely to happen at the night of meteor shower. The alchemists and astrologers are finding the date and has been discussing with the royals."

Aarav winked, "Don't go for those notes... Leave that unnecessary information," I spared a glance at him and he continued, "All royals with all elements or the divine magic is allowed in the ground."

"Wasn't I a divine magic according to you?" She crossed her arms and licked her lips.

"Of course, according to me," he giggled and I arose, "To me too."

"Fight the fear of failing and master your powers and then the world shall bend before your will," Aarav brought out dramatically.

I bowed my head at her, "You are impossible to undermine."

She dipped an ear and rose, "That's enough, I am flattered."

She moved towards the door, "You guys, continue. I should better get to bed or Pari would come around."

"Of course!" A fierce voice hit us and there was Pari at the door, rolling her eyes, "What are you doing with these..." She lowered her voice, "These people of magic whom you aren't interested with."

I stared at Ishya for I could hear them. Ishya leaned to Pari and whispered, "May be everything is not the same, like before."

"Yeah!" Aarav rose, "The only permanent thing is change."

Ishya smiled, "We were just having a little talk and I was getting back."

Pari informed carefully thinking whether she could expose the message here, "Uh... Ishi... Aakruthi and Ridhi, the good witches..." her eyes fell on me as I stood up.

Ishya walked closer to her as she completed, "They had come... Looking for you."

"This midnight... Sorry, this early morning?" Aarav was confused, "Hope you weren't dreaming."

Why would mother want to meet her this very morning?

***